By Threema GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Threema is the world’s favorite secure messenger and keeps your data out of the hands of hackers, corporations and governments. Threema can be used completely anonymously, and offers a rich set of features.
HIGHEST ENCRYPTION STRENGTH
Threema encrypts ALL your communications END-TO-END including messages, group chats, media files and even status messages. You can rest assured that only the intended recipient can read your chats, and nobody else – not even us. Threema uses the trusted open source NaCl cryptography library for encryption. The encryption keys are generated and safely stored on user’s devices to prevent backdoor access or copies.
Threema is designed to generate as little data on servers as possible – this is a core part of our concept. Group memberships and contact lists are managed on your device only, and never stored on our servers. Messages are immediately deleted after they have been delivered. Local files are stored encrypted on your mobile phone or tablet. All this effectively prevents the collection and misuse of your personal information, including meta data.
Threema is not only an encrypted and private messenger but also versatile and feature-rich.
• write text and send voice messages
• share videos, pictures and locations
• send any type of file (pdf, animated gif, mp3, doc, zip, etc.)
• create groups
• conduct polls with the unique poll feature
• choose between a dark and a light theme
• quickly and silently reply with the unique agree/disagree feature
• verify the identity of a contact by scanning their personal QR code
• use Threema as anonymous instant messaging tool
• synchronize your contacts (optional)
Each Threema user receives a random Threema ID for identification. A phone number or email address is not required to use Threema. This unique feature allows you to use Threema completely anonymously – no need to give up private information or to open an account.
We let users confirm trusted contacts with a QR code or a key fingerprint to prevent man in the middle attacks.
We are a 100% independent and self-financed company in the heart of Switzerland with its own servers and in-house software development. Switzerland is a country with some of the most user friendly privacy laws in the world.
SUPPORT / CONTACT
For questions or problems please consult our FAQs: https://threema.ch/en/faq.html
What's New in Version 2.7.4
• Support adding inline captions when sending images (from an external app via share extension, e.g. from "Photos", or when forwarding an image within the app)
• Improved 3D Touch handling on images
• Messages consisting of a single emoji are now shown in larger size (can be disabled in font size settings)
• VoiceOver improvements
• Various other small improvements and bug fixes
The Best Secure Messenger of All!
Threema offers the best security of any encrypted messaging app available!
Not only is it based in the pro-privacy country of Switzerland, but it has also been comprehensively audited by a reputable Swiss security firm and found to have no vulnerabilities.
The other great thing that makes it unique is that only you have access to your private key and you can exchange public keys directly with friends and family, which proves the identity of your contacts. This robust authentication protects your communications to a greater degree than similar apps.
For more confirmation, check out past Security Now podcasts for why Threema is the best messenger you can get.
If you are looking for a messaging app that gets security right, look no further than Threema.
Excellent in every way
App delivers on its promises in every way and is well documented.
Only real missing feature are voice and video calls.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 19, 2016
- Version: 2.7.4
- Size: 27.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Threema GmbH
- © 2012-2016 Threema GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.