Threema - Secure Messenger
By Threema GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Threema is the world’s favorite secure messenger and keeps your data out of the hands of hackers, corporations and governments. Threema can be used completely anonymously, and offers a rich set of features.
HIGHEST ENCRYPTION STRENGTH
Threema encrypts ALL your communications END-TO-END including messages, group chats, media files and even status messages. You can rest assured that only the intended recipient can read your chats, and nobody else – not even us. Threema uses the trusted open source NaCl cryptography library for encryption. The encryption keys are generated and safely stored on user’s devices to prevent backdoor access or copies.
Threema is designed to generate as little data on servers as possible – this is a core part of our concept. Group memberships and contact lists are managed on your device only, and never stored on our servers. Messages are immediately deleted after they have been delivered. Local files are stored encrypted on your mobile phone or tablet. All this effectively prevents the collection and misuse of your personal information, including meta data.
Threema is not only an encrypted and private messenger but also versatile and feature-rich.
• create a poll with the unique poll feature
• write text and send voice messages
• send any type of file (pdf, animated gif, mp3, doc, zip, etc.)
• share videos, pictures and locations
• create group chats, add and remove members at any time
• synchronize your contacts (optional)
• verify the identity of a contact by scanning their personal QR code
• use Threema as anonymous instant messaging tool
UNIQUE POLL FEATURE
The integrated poll feature in Threema makes decisions easy. Easily poll your friends on anything in just a few simple steps and get immediate results.
Each Threema user receives a random Threema ID for identification. A phone number or email address is not required to use Threema. This unique feature allows you to use Threema completely anonymously – no need to give up private information or to open an account.
We let users confirm trusted contacts with a QR code or a key fingerprint to prevent man in the middle attacks.
We are a 100% independent and self-financed company in the heart of Switzerland with its own servers and in-house software development. Switzerland is a country with some of the most user friendly privacy laws in the world.
SUPPORT / CONTACT
For questions or problems please consult our FAQs: https://threema.ch/en/faq.html
What's New in Version 2.4.1
• Fixed issue preventing the app from running on iOS 7 and lower
• Full text search for messages in chats
• Bugfixes and minor improvements
• Send any type of file (pdf, animated gif, mp3, doc, zip, etc.) *
• Group chats now support up to 30 members
• Many improvements and bug fixes
*) if supported by the recipient's phone. Up to 20MB.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jul 31, 2015
- Version: 2.4.1
- Size: 21.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Threema GmbH
- © 2012-2015 Threema GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.