By Threema GmbH
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Threema is the world’s favorite secure messenger and keeps your data out of the hands of hackers, corporations and governments. Threema can be used completely anonymously, allows to make end-to-end encrypted voice calls, and offers every feature one would expect from a state-of-the-art instant messenger.
PRIVACY AND ANONYMITY
Threema is designed to generate as little data on servers as possible – this is a core part of our concept. Group memberships and contact lists are managed on your device only, and never stored on our servers. Messages are immediately deleted after they have been delivered. Local files are stored encrypted on your mobile phone or tablet. All this effectively prevents the collection and misuse of your personal information, including meta data.
HIGHEST ENCRYPTION STRENGTH
Threema encrypts ALL your communications END-TO-END including messages, voice calls, group chats, media files and even status messages. You can rest assured that only the intended recipient can read your chats, and nobody else – not even us. Threema uses the trusted open source NaCl cryptography library for encryption. The encryption keys are generated and safely stored on user’s devices to prevent backdoor access or copies.
Threema is not only an encrypted and private messenger but also versatile and feature-rich.
• write text and send voice messages
• make voice calls (requires iPhone 5s / iOS 9 or above)
• share videos, pictures and locations
• send any type of file (pdf, animated gif, mp3, doc, zip, etc.)
• create groups
• conduct polls with the unique poll feature
• choose between a dark and a light theme
• quickly and silently reply with the unique agree/disagree feature
• verify the identity of a contact by scanning their personal QR code
• use Threema as anonymous instant messaging tool
• synchronize your contacts (optional)
Each Threema user receives a random Threema ID for identification. A phone number or email address is not required to use Threema. This unique feature allows you to use Threema completely anonymously – no need to give up private information or to open an account.
We let users confirm trusted contacts with a QR code or a key fingerprint to prevent man in the middle attacks.
We are a 100% independent and self-financed company in the heart of Switzerland with its own servers and in-house software development. Switzerland is a country with some of the most user friendly privacy laws in the world.
SUPPORT / CONTACT
For questions or problems please consult our FAQs: https://threema.ch/en/faq
What's New in Version 3.0
Note: some users have reported a loss of settings (nickname etc.) after installing this update. We are investigating and advise checking your preferences after the update (start app in flight mode to disable contact sync if desired).
• Voice calls (requires iPhone 5s / iOS 9 or above)
• Fixed a bug that occurred when displaying image previews in the gallery
• VoiceOver improvements
• Contacts who use Threema Work are labeled with a briefcase icon
• In the chat overview, received messages are labeled with an arrow icon
• Even if the recipient has disabled the preview of push notifications, the “message delivered” symbol is displayed once the message was delivered
• General improvements and miscellaneous bug fixes
Useful app! Keeps getting new features
This is a very helpful app and I'm very glad it exists.
in Love with the App ❤️
Arabic & Hebrew language support please
Thanks for the Voice calls
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Sep 14, 2017
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 90.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Rhaeto-Romance, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Threema GmbH
- © 2012-2017 Threema GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.