Shop over 8 million new and used books at up to 80% off list price.
The ThriftBooks app lets book lovers quickly and easily search, browse, get book details, and buy millions of books, textbooks, and graphic novels. Scan bar codes to compare prices and check availability to make sure you get the best book prices. Shop deals starting at just $3 per book, and join our customer loyalty program to earn a $5 coupon for every $50 spent. See personalized recommendations based on your interests, and get an instant email notification when we receive an item on your wish list.
• Over 70K 5-star ratings from our web customers
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
• Over $1.7 billion in customer savings and over 80 million books sold
• 15% discount off first app purchase. Use Coupon Code APPWELCOME at checkout!
• NEW! Push Notifications: Get an instant notification when we receive an out-of-stock item on your wish list
• Find the best book prices using the bar code scanner to check real-time prices and inventory.
• Shop faster and easier.
• Get free US shipping on orders over $10 in recycled and recyclable packaging.
• See personalized recommendations based on your interests.
• Sign in using your existing ThriftBooks account to access your saved wish lists, payment methods, and shipping addresses.
• Receive exclusive deals and offers.
• Bar Code Scanner: Compare prices and check inventory.
• Everyday Deals: 2 for $7, 3 for $10, 4 for $12 and just $3 each additional book on ThriftDeals books
• Customer Loyalty Program: Get a $5 coupon code for every $50 spent with our free ReadingRewards program
• Tell-A-Friend Program: 15% off for you and your friends on qualifying orders
• Teachers and Home School Educators: 20% discount
• Special Formats: Large-print, foreign-language, and audiobooks
• Rare and Collectible Books: Treasured first editions, signed copies, and out-of-print titles at reasonable prices
• What’s Trending: See the hottest books
• Push Notifications: Get an instant notification when we receive an out-of-stock item on your wish list and real-time order updates
Shop bestsellers from the latest new releases to all-time favorites from a broad range of categories, including:
• Arts, Music & Entertainment
• Biographies & Memoirs
• Business & Investing
• Children’s Books
• Gay and Lesbian
• Health, Fitness & Dieting
• Literature & Popular Fiction
• Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
• Rare & Collectible Books
• Religion & Spirituality
• Sci-Fi & Fantasy
• Teen & Young Adult
Added Universal Linking
Ratings and Reviews
Like New... I think not!
First let me say the app is wonderful. Haven’t had any problems. Ordered on Monday received on Saturday. I live in Arizona so most of facilities are not that far from me.
So I made my first purchase... I bought 8 different types of books. The thing with this is you can’t see the books or SMELL them!!!
I bought hard cover books. I also bought a variety of books so that I can see what condition each of the books were in by their standards.
I bought 2 like new books. Only one of them was like new. The other one had highlights throughout the book.
Now the one that really bothered me was the fact that they would ship a book that smells like Mold. It smells like it was stored in wet moldy basement. This was the very good condition book. Very disappointed. My other very good condition book looks like some spilled something on the front cover of the book.
Finally the good condition book was in better condition than the like new book, despite the highlights in the book.
I’m a serious book collector.
If I pick a book that’s like new. I would think that’s what I would receive. I’m scared to pay anything more than $4.99 for the books they have. I have books that’s $79 in my wish list... but I would refuse to pay that much for a book and get anything less than new. Don’t like markings in my books. Dust jacket needs to look like it was stored on a bookshelf and not a garage. Very disappointed with first purchase.
Why is this even necessary?
This app has the exact same features the website does and is designed so similarly you cannot even tell the difference. The only difference between the app and the website is that the app keeps signing me out.😡😡😡
I was hoping that I would be able to see my orders more clearly instead of having to click five different links to get to one shipment. I wanted to see all the books I've ordered on one page and maybe notifications from the app for when my order ships would be nice but it doesn't seem to do that either. I don't really see a reason why I should keep this app on my phone when the website has the same exact features and even works better.
Has its flaws but makes up for them
I’ve been using ThriftBooks for about a year now, and usually the books are in good condition when I get them. I recently received a book that was covered in annotations, to the point where it was hard to read, so I called their customer service and received a full refund and was offered a new copy of the book. Their customer service is wonderful and the books are so cheap that you can hardly complain. I strongly recommend this app!
- Thrift Books Global, LLC
- 22.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Thrift Books Global, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.