By Nathaniel Kirby
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Whether you love antique shopping, or finding deals at your local yard sale or thrift store, ThriftBuddy is the ultimate app for you. With 10,000 + locations listed in the United States, it's the most comprehensive and exhaustive collection of thrifty spots you can find.
ThriftBuddy allows free users to:
- look up any of those 10,000+ locations by proximity, or city, state or ZIP searches.
- mark locations as your favorites.
- list yourself as a shopper of locations.
- review locations to recommend it to other users.
- post wishes for items you are hunting for, so that others may be able to grant them.
- meet other uses through in-app messaging and user systems.
ThriftBuddy also supplies a set of pro tools available to users who wish to purchase them. They include:
- Shopping Notes
- Shopping Lists
- Trip Planner: maximize your time on any given day by generating the quickest route between locations.
- What's This Worth? ThriftBuddy will scour the internet to give you an idea of that deal in your hand.
- Rooms & Dimensions - take your dimensions with you so you never buy too large an item again.
- Paint & Swatches - make sure what you buy will fit with your decor.
- "What to Bring" & "Shopping Tips" - ThriftBuddy comes with dozens of great tips to make your thriftiness increase.
With the economy tight, and people looking to save money, ThriftBuddy is the ultimate tool for you to become a truly thrifty shopper.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
- Fixed a bug where memory issues caused the app to crash.
- Fixed a bug where giving directions would sometimes go to the wrong location.
- Fixed a bug where you could spend karma you didn't have.
- Fixed a minor bug which caused the app to lose your location momentarily.
- Getting directions directly from a location listing.
- Directions now based on addresses (which tend to be more correct) than latitude and longitude listings from ThriftBuddy.
- A better wish explanation.
It used to be good but now it blows. Hard.
This is an e-mail that I sent to the website support. I think this sums up my sentiments about this app fairly accurately. :
PLEASE UPDATE. this is a great concept and wonderful app except for the fact that it crashes nonstop (everytime I click "find nearby locations," for example, it consistently crashes), the website links to an outdated nothing site, wishes and karma are just confusing and a thinly veiled attempt at getting you to spend money on nothing and I have no option for support on my user account. The last update on this app was over 3 YEARS AGO. It's practically an app dinosaur! An apposaur! Please, please, PLEASE get it together! While it was working I loved it. Too bad that was, for like, a day. A single day. I want my money back.
Great app but...
This app is great. I'm a huge thrift store junky. However it will not let me add locations. There are a few in my area that are not listed and the app freezes every time I try to add them. Other than that it's great. Please fix this problem and the app will be perfect.
Update: Months back I purchased the paid version. Recently I bought a new iPhone and when I added my purchased apps to it Thrift Buddy was no longer the paid version. Very upset!
Maybe I misunderstood that I could add thrift stores to my list because every time I have tried it just erases the information I just added also could not find any informant on how to contact developer for help. At this time I do not recommend for anyone to download or wast your mony on the pro version like I did. One more ugly surprise I paid for pro version and it only works on one device because it keeps asking me to upgrade even after I log in to my account 👎👎👎👎👎I give 5 thumbs down and if I could no stars.
I do hope somebody dose buy the present owners out befor this great ideal for app fails.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 08, 2010
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Nathaniel Kirby
- © 2010 Nathaniel Kirby
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.