Before you buy, please expand this description and check that your computer matches or exceeds each of the requirements listed.
THRONES OF BRITANNIA is a standalone Total War game that challenges you to re-write a critical moment in history, one that will shape the future of the British Isles. With ten playable factions, you must build and defend a kingdom of Anglo-Saxons, Gaelic clans, Welsh tribes or Viking settlers. Forge alliances, manage settlements, raise armies and pursue campaigns of conquest across the most detailed Total War map ever.
The year is 878 AD, the embattled English king Alfred the Great has mounted a heroic defence at the battle of Edington, and blunted the Viking invasion. Chastened – but not yet broken – the Norse warlords have settled across Britain. For the first time in nearly 80 years, the land is in a fragile state of peace.
Throughout this sceptred isle, the kings of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales sense a time of change approaching; a time of opportunity. There will be treaties. There will be war. There will be turns of fortune that become the stuff of legend, in a saga that charts the ascent of one of history’s greatest nations.
Important information regarding THRONES OF BRITANNIA:
The game is supported on the following Macs. To check your Mac model and when it was released, select About This Mac from the Apple Menu on your menu bar.
◦ All 13” Retina MacBook Pros released since 2016
◦ All 15” Retina MacBook Pros released since Mid 2012
◦ All 15" Macbook Pros released since Mid 2012 with a 1GB graphics card or better
◦ All 21.5” iMacs released since Late 2013 with a 1.8GHz i3 processor or better
◦ All 27” iMacs released since Late 2013 (Late 2012 models with Nvidia 675 or Nvidia 680 graphics are also supported)
◦ All 27" iMac Pros
◦ All Mac Pros released since Late 2013
The following Macs are capable of running the game but do not consistently meet the standards required for official support.
◦ All Mac Minis since Late 2012
◦ All 12" Macbooks released since Early 2015
◦ All 13" Macbook Airs released since Mid 2012
◦ All 13" Macbook Pros released since Mid 2012
◦ All 13” Retina MacBook Pros released since Mid 2012
◦ All 21.5” iMacs released since Early 2013
Please note for your computer to meet the minimum requirements it must match or better all elements of the listed spec:
• Minimum System Requirements:
◦ Processor: 1.8GHz
◦ RAM: 8GB
◦ Graphics: 1GB
◦ macOS: 10.13.4
◦ Free Space: 18GB
Check the Feral website for more detailed specifications.
• If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Case-sensitive.
• You can find out more about the game on the THRONES OF BRITANNIA mini-site at feralinteractive.com/thronesofbritanniatw
© SEGA. Creative Assembly, the Creative Assembly logo, A Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia, Total War, and the Total War logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of The Creative Assembly Limited. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Developed for and published on macOS by Feral Interactive Ltd. Mac and macOS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
• Incorporates the changes from Creative Assembly's 'Allegiance' update
• Fixes a number of minor issues
Ratings and Reviews
Regret buying it
If you're used to Total War Rome you're not going to like it. Too much emphasis on diplomacy. Rebellions are occur too often and delay any advancement. The tutorials do not provide much insight. I regret spending $35 on this game and the hours attempting to learn it. I had high hopes.
Eh…. What a bummer
Even after the updated on Sept 3, the game is still so cumbersome and cluttered and generally counter-intuitive I just don’t dig playing it. It feels like a hassle to play even short times. I wish they’d stuck to the Rome 2 model but I guess everything has to change sometime.
Will Not Start
Game downloads but will not start. Opens in a separate window but never starts.
Developer Response ,
We are sorry that you are experiencing a problem with the game.
Please contact us directly via email@example.com with a description of the problem and we’ll be happy to help. Please include "App Store Review" in the subject of your email.
If possible, please also attach a support report to help us diagnose any issues: http://support.feralinteractive.com/x/faqs/support_report/
- Feral Interactive Ltd
- 11.2 GB
- macOS 10.13.4 or later
- English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © SEGA. Developed for and published on macOS by Feral Interactive Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.