The Appalachian Trail is a footpath over 2200 miles long, from Georgia to Maine. Each year thousands of backpackers attempt to hike the entire length of the trail. Most fail.
Now you can take on this thru-hiking challenge featuring:
• Real life town and shelter names!
• Northbound and Southbound hiking options!
• 16 different characters to unlock!
• Dozens of gear choices - backpacks, trekking poles, etc!
• Nature scenery that changes with the seasons!
• Unexpected events that affect your resources!
• Fun "trail name" generator!
• Game saves - come back later to complete your hike!
Like backpacking in real life, winning this game will require careful planning and persistence.
How to Play:
• Choose your character and backpacking gear
• Choose where to sleep to replenish your energy
• Decide to take zero days (no hiking) to replenish your health
• Ration your meals and money
• Try to make it all the way to Mt. Katahdin (or Springer Mountain)
In-app purchases and video ads are included, but both are TOTALLY OPTIONAL. The game can be played completely free with the default options. Players who like a challenge can find more gameplay options by purchasing or unlocking items by watching opt-in video ads.
Fixed error that occasionally prevented winning.
Removed several loading screens(!)
Fixed random floating artifact.
Fixed zero day pricing error.
Fixed Pause/Menu button error.
Added mute button to menu screens.
Added "Are you sure?" menu when leaving town with low resources.
Ratings and Reviews
Fun but missing a few details
This is a fun play but I'd like to see some more accurate details added, for instance... it would feel much more realistic if in north bound mode the hiker cried and complained about how hard everything is, then they could get trail magic every couple miles so a trail angel could wipe their butts for them and make their soft little hearts feel a bit better. They should also have challenge rounds where they try to convince themselves not to quit at every town for the first 500 miles and then again at the yellow deli cause the whites sound soooo scary, this challenge should be pretty hard. Also, pooping in the woods needs to be added I don't know how but it needs to be there. Looking forward to seeing these issues adjusted. #soboordie
Still has bugs
I love this game. Bought another character that was supposed to be able to carry 1 extra food to equal 11. I have played that character 3 times and I never get the extra food item added. Also whether I go north or south I get to the last 60-80 miles and I DIE!! UGH!! Also I have never seen not one advertisement option at any of the state lines that I have read in the app description area. I seen the last time this game was worked on was a year ago. Is there any plans to update and fix some of these bugs in the very near future?
Worked but now crashes
It was fun... until now. I have been able to make it to Connecticut, but now the app crashes saying A character has died in Khatadan, and it is a different character showing. Not my character My game is still happening but there is an confusion with a character and another scenario I am not even part of. I have paused it, closed out and reopened only to have the my game continue in the background and the character and the khatadin happening over and over again.
- Headlamp Studios, LLC
- 324.4 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 Headlamp Studios, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Complete Unlock $19.99
- Character - Miguel $0.99
- Red Backpack $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.