#Featured in Macworld and the Washington Post!
Thumbly is an iPhone keyboard designed to be used with one hand. Standard mobile keyboards are awkward to use, requiring two thumbs to reach all the keys and involve uncomfortable thumb gymnastics. Thumbly's keys are ergonomically arranged and are easily reached with one thumb using a comfortable side-to-side motion.
Note: Currently only supports the ENGLISH language.
- Swipe to delete, return, shift and capslock.
- Suggests the next word you will type based on what you have already typed.
- Allows you to select between left handed and right handed versions of the keyboard via a button "toggle" press.
- Misspelled words are automatically corrected.
- Unknown words appear in quotes as a suggestion. Selecting this suggestion causes the word to be recorded for the future use of the spell checker.
- Easily accessible list of curated emoji.
- Disable autocorrect at will.
This update contains some minor bug fixes.
- Fixed issue where keyboard got offset when the Personal Hotspot toolbar was visible at the top of the screen.
- Added semicolon. Accessible by long pressing the ":" symbol.
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app it makes it super easy to shoot off a quick text when I’m doing something and can only use one hand. But there is one tiny problem that does ruin it, thats is i can’t use it when my phone is locked. Other then that this is a really good app.
Thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately Apple doesn't allow custom keyboards while your phone is locked. What you can do is to rest your finger on the home button to unlock the phone. Assuming you are using at least an iPhone 5s (have the fingerprint sensor) and you don't have "Rest Finger to Open" enabled this will unlock the phone, but keep you on the home screen (look at the lock icon at the top of the screen). Once you've done this you should be able to access custom keyboards on this screen.
Some clever features. But why add a second period if I double-space after the end of a sentence?. See? Why no semicolon? I agree with the review requesting space around the edges.
I agree I need to avoid typing multiple periods when you space multiple times. This is on the short list of things I need to fix :) The semicolon can be typed by long pressing the ":" button in the number section. Thanks so much for giving me the feedback!
This app is great.. But....
I would like the option of being able to scroll through the emojis please
Thanks for your feedback! I’ve noted your feature request.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.