Summon a thunderstorm light show using your Philips Hue lights. Watch your lights pulse and flash to the sounds of a storm.
View a demo at http://hue.thunderstorm.scottdodson.io/
• Strong Thunderstorm — Heavy rain with frequent lightning and thunder nearby
Lights pulse quickly to the sound of heavy rain. Booming sounds of thunder accompany bright flashes of light.
• Normal Thunderstorm — Steady rain with a full range of lightning and thunder
Lights pulse to the sound of rain. The sound of thunder can be heard from various distances. The closer the lightning, the louder the sound, and the brighter the flashes of light!
• Weak Thunderstorm — Light rain with occasional lightning and thunder in the distance
Lights pulse slowly to the sound of light rain. Dim flashes of light are followed by soft sounds of thunder.
• Passing Thunderstorms — Rain and lightning intensity changes as the storms pass
Lights pulse and flash at different rates to correspond with the current strength of the storm.
• Change the color and brightness of your lights
• Toggle rain sound effects
• Change rain audio (default, heavy rain, steady rain, light rain, rain on tin roof)
• Set rain volume
• Toggle rain light effects
• Change rain pulse rate (default, slow, medium, fast)
• Target lights for rain light effects
• Change rain transition effects (pulse, fade quickly, fade slowly)
• Change the color and brightness of the rain light effects
• Toggle thunder sound effects
• Set thunder volume
• Toggle lightning light effects
• Change lightning delay (compensates for wireless audio delay)
• Toggle delay thunder
• Target lights for lightning light effects
• Change lightning transition effects (random, flicker, flash, pulse, fade quickly, fade slowly)
• Change lightning/thunder occurrence (default, occasional, normal, frequent)
• Change the color and max brightness of the lightning light effects
• Change starting storm for Passing Thunderstorms (weak, normal, strong)
• Change cycle time for Passing Thunderstorms (15 min, 30 min, 60 min)
• Toggle background sounds (birds, cicadas, crickets, frogs)
• Set background volume
• Change lights end state (on, off, revert)
• Auto-start and Auto-stop thunderstorm
LIGHTS / GROUPS
Select one or more lights for your thunderstorm light show. Choose a group that you set up using your Philips Hue app, or create a new group in the Thunderstorm for Hue app. When you add, remove, or change lights, pull down the list on the Lights/Groups tab to refresh.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience any issues. I'd love to hear your thoughts and appreciate you taking the time to rate and review the app. I want to continue to improve Thunderstorm for Hue and create a great experience for you and future users. Thank you! —Scott
Need help? Please email email@example.com
- added Delay Lightning under Settings to compensate for wireless audio delay
- added ability to edit groups
- updated for iOS 11
- added Passing Thunderstorms mode
- added audio fade out at end of sleep timer
- added "Random Selected Light(s)" to Lightning FX Targets
- added Flicker to Lightning Transition FX
- added Lightning/Thunder Occurrence under Settings
- added "Lights End State" under Settings (on, off, revert)
- increased thunder delay times when toggled on
- improved rain audio
- updated login process
- moved Sleep Timer toggle to header
- updated More tab
- added Flash, Random to Lightning Transition FX
- added Background Sounds under Settings (birds, cicadas, crickets, frogs)
- added Rain Audio under Settings (overrides default)
- added volume control for rain, thunder, and background sounds
- added Random Group/Light to Lightning FX Targets under Settings
- added "Revert lights" button under Settings (changes lights back to their original settings before you opened the app)
- added Lightning Transition FX under Settings (default is Fade Slowly)
- updated About screen
- added Auto-start and Auto-stop under Settings (default is Off)
- improved rain and thunder audio
- fixed FX Targets bug
- fixed Lightning FX Targets bug
- added About screen
- added FX Targets for rain and lightning effects under Settings (default is All Selected)
- changed Rain Transition FX default to Fade Slowly
- added max brightness slider for lightning under Settings (default is 100%)
- added Rain Transition FX under Settings (default is Pulse)
- fixed background mode bug when rain audio is off
- updated light status messages
- fixed bug that prevented groups from refreshing
- improved lightning and thunder synchronization when Delay Thunder is off
Ratings and Reviews
Good but forgetful
Really good thunderstorm effects, best out there. Seems though each day I have to reauthenticate it to my hub though and re set settings.
Thanks for the rating and feedback! Your device may be low on memory. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can troubleshoot.
How do I connect to a bluetooth speaker?
On your device (iPhone/iPad), go to Settings > Bluetooth > My Devices and select your Bluetooth speaker. Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions. Thanks!
The level of customization is above my expectation. Although the price may seem steep, it is (in my opinion) worth the cost, especially when you consider the prices of other Phillips Hue related apps (most of which are of lower quality than this). If you are looking for a authentic rainstorm experience with your lights, this app is as quality as they come!
- Scott Dodson
- 109.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2016 Scott Dodson
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.