TI3 Tech Manager
By Chaddington Software Studios, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
For use with the following board game and expansions:
Twilight Imperium 3
Twilight Imperium: Shattered Empire
Twilight Imperium: Shards of the Throne
Tired of thumbing through tech cards and sharing the tech tree with your opponents? This app solves your problem.
The Twilight Imperium 3 Technology Manager allows you to view two lists of technologies: those techs you have already researched and those techs available for purchase. The user can then move available techs to his current techs list as they are researched during the game.
- Select your Race, and have the race's starting techs automatically added to your current techs list.
- View the details of each technology.
- Scroll through a list of your current techs (delete if you accidentally added a tech).
- Scroll through a list of the available techs you can research based on your current techs, your race, and the used expansions.
- Add techs from the available list to your current list.
- Toggle the Shattered Empires expansion.
- Toggle the Shards of the Throne expansion.
- Toggle Racial Techs.
- Toggle use of the "Focused Research" action card.
- Zoom & Pan a unified version of the TI3 tech tree.
Also available for Android.
Legal: This is not an official app. The logos, technology descriptions, race flags, and imagery is the property of Fantasy Flight Games.
What's New in Version 1.3
Added L1Z1X Mindnet's race technology "Inheritance Systems" and added a "+2" badge to techs.
Arborec starting techs fixed (should be Mass Deflectors, not XRD Transporters).
Persistance of data on exit.
"Focused Research" Action Card added, a "FR" badge indicates a tech researchable by this card (according to errata).
The Tech Tree is a lie
There are not multiple tech tree's for the different versions of the tech tree that exist depending on the expansions you're using. Although these variations are included when you are actually buying the technology when you change the expansion settings it still uses the same tech tree (which is highly annoying and has lead to much confusion in many games that I've played.) How hard is it to have multiple tech tree's depending on which expansions you're playing with?
This was a great help in figuring out what I could develop next. The only problem is that the tech tree in the app doesn't match the tech tree in the game's manual. This has caused some tense moments around the game table as someone realizes mid-game that his tech development won't work the way he thought it would. Once that issue is resolved, this will be a great app.
Now we just need more TI3 apps. :)
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 26, 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 6.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Chad Nelson
- © (c) 2011 Chaddington Software Studio, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.