By House Full of Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Listed on Games Magazine's Electronic Games 100 for 2011! ***
Shall I Teach You About Tichu?
Legend has it that over 642 million Chinese play Tichu nearly every day! I don't know about that. All I know is that Tichu might very well be the world's best card game.
Tichu is a partnership game for four players where partners battle to be the first to play all of their cards and score points. Each hand is filled with strategy and risk. Will you be the first player to play all of your cards? Perhaps you'd like to make a little wager on that? Are you willing to risk 100 points? How about 200?
Tichu has long been the favorite card game of all time on BoardGameGeek. Find out why! I promise that you won't regret it!
Tichu boasts the following great features:
* Fully licensed and authorized by designer Urs Hostettler and publisher Fata Morgana Spiele.
* Computer controlled opponents boast a challenging and lifelike Artificial Intelligence that is configurable in numerous ways.
* Up to 4 humans can play linked over Bluetooth or Game Center.
* Full support for Game Center! including achievements, leaderboards, and world-wide multiplayer!
* Extensive tutorial and in-game documentation will teach you how to play and have you playing like a champ in no time.
* Shake-A-Hint™ feature helps you play while you learn.
* Music and sound effects.
* Keep track of up to 4 games at once.
* Keep track of your game's progress with a fully automated score sheet.
* Track your statistics over multiple game sessions.
* Play in English or German.
* Optimized high resolution images for iPhone 4 and iPad.
(It also looks fantastic on older iPhones and iPod touch.)
Follow the developer on Twitter @sblanding.
Note: If you encounter any issue which you think is a bug, or even if you would just like to drop me a line, please send me email at steve-at-housefullofgames-dot-com. Posting bug reports in the comments below doesn't help me because I can't contact you to ask for more details. Please don't hesitate to write. I'd love to hear from you!
What's New in Version 1.9.0
* Support for iOS Accessibility features.
* UI improvements.
* Minor bug fixes.
Great app! This is an amazing learning tool if you play Tichu in person.
(1) The AI is weird, even in "Better" mode your partner will inexplicably play over you when you've called Tichu, or fail to block an opponent from going out on a Tichu call with the appropriate cards in hand (e.g. Dragon).
(2) The option to join a random online game simply doesn't work. Maybe it would help to provide an average time estimate, as in the popular Carcassonne app? Even better, a progress indication? On my phone, the dialog box remains up until the screen locks from inactivity with no status indication whatsoever. If it takes more than a few minutes to set up a game, then it should happen in the background and start the game with a notification.
Well done & consistent fun!
Never played the game before, but downloaded this after getting bored with my other card/strategy games about two years ago. Still playing it. Still loving it. The computer opponent strength is good, but not great. But it takes little away from the game. The only thing missing: a way to quit a game - you have a set of six save game slots. When that's full you have to complete one (that I'm loosing badly on usually) to start a new one. Annoying, but not enough to take a star off.
Needs an update desperately
Since updating to iOS 9, the game crashes every time you start a game. This makes playing multiplayer impossible. Even prior to that, I'd never been able to finish a multiplayer game without losing the connection. Also, it seems to forget that you've gotten achievements, so when you start it up it re-adds your achievements, with the achievement notification popping up over and over again until it's done.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 24, 2015
- Version: 1.9.0
- Size: 47.5 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Steve Blanding
- © 2010-2015 Steve Blanding
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.