By House Full of Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Listed on Games Magazine's Electronic Games 100 for 2011! ***
Shall I Teach You About Tichu?
Legend has it that over 642 million Chinese play Tichu nearly every day! I don't know about that. All I know is that Tichu might very well be the world's best card game.
Tichu is a partnership game for four players where partners battle to be the first to play all of their cards and score points. Each hand is filled with strategy and risk. Will you be the first player to play all of your cards? Perhaps you'd like to make a little wager on that? Are you willing to risk 100 points? How about 200?
Tichu has long been the favorite card game of all time on BoardGameGeek. Find out why! I promise that you won't regret it!
Tichu boasts the following great features:
* Fully licensed and authorized by designer Urs Hostettler and publisher Fata Morgana Spiele.
* Computer controlled opponents boast a challenging and lifelike Artificial Intelligence that is configurable in numerous ways.
* Up to 4 humans can play linked over Bluetooth or Game Center.
* Full support for Game Center! including achievements, leaderboards, and world-wide multiplayer!
* Extensive tutorial and in-game documentation will teach you how to play and have you playing like a champ in no time.
* Shake-A-Hint™ feature helps you play while you learn.
* Music and sound effects.
* Keep track of up to 4 games at once.
* Keep track of your game's progress with a fully automated score sheet.
* Track your statistics over multiple game sessions.
* Play in English or German.
* Optimized high resolution images for iPhone 4 and iPad.
(It also looks fantastic on older iPhones and iPod touch.)
Follow the developer on Twitter @sblanding.
Note: If you encounter any issue which you think is a bug, or even if you would just like to drop me a line, please send me email at steve-at-housefullofgames-dot-com. Posting bug reports in the comments below doesn't help me because I can't contact you to ask for more details. Please don't hesitate to write. I'd love to hear from you!
What's New in Version 1.10.0
* bug fixes.
Compelling game--like Spades but much richer!
I have never played Tichu before but I am now good and hooked! The game has one of the best tutorials that I've seen on a phone platform and the "shake a hint" is invaluable. Partner games are so rare these days and I want to get friends to play, but the computer players are the next best thing. And you can easily play online side by side with multiple phones!!! If you like Spades I promise you'll love Tichu. The help is also well written and close at hand to reference to help understand how the special cards work--even includes a bit of strategy. Can't imagine getting bored of this game. Well worth paying for. Thank you for bringing it to the iPhone, and thus, to me!!!
Lots of fun
This is a very well done version of Tichu. The computer players aren't going to make any advanced plays and sometimes their lines are a bit puzzling, but it's good enough for casual play. I completely skipped the tutorial and tips since I play a lot of Tichu, but I'm glad to see other reviewers said they were so helpful. Hopefully this app will bring more Tichu players into the world. (I've encountered no bugs, by the way.)
Well done & consistent fun!
Never played the game before, but downloaded this after getting bored with my other card/strategy games. Still playing it some 5+ years on. Still loving it. The computer opponent strength is good, but not great. But it takes little away from the game. Author still updates it that long after launch - An Awesome person! One app you will never delete or get tired of.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 04, 2016
- Version: 1.10.0
- Size: 49.3 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Steve Blanding
- © 2010-2016 Steve Blanding
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.