*** Listed on Games Magazine's Electronic Games 100 for 2011! ***
Shall I Teach You About Tichu?
Legend has it that over 642 million Chinese play Tichu nearly every day! I don't know about that. All I know is that Tichu might very well be the world's best card game.
Tichu is a partnership game for four players where partners battle to be the first to play all of their cards and score points. Each hand is filled with strategy and risk. Will you be the first player to play all of your cards? Perhaps you'd like to make a little wager on that? Are you willing to risk 100 points? How about 200?
Tichu has long been the favorite card game of all time on BoardGameGeek. Find out why! I promise that you won't regret it!
Tichu boasts the following great features:
* Fully licensed and authorized by designer Urs Hostettler and publisher Fata Morgana Spiele.
* Computer controlled opponents boast a challenging and lifelike Artificial Intelligence that is configurable in numerous ways.
* Up to 4 humans can play linked over Bluetooth or Game Center.
* Full support for Game Center! including achievements, leaderboards, and world-wide multiplayer!
* Extensive tutorial and in-game documentation will teach you how to play and have you playing like a champ in no time.
* Shake-A-Hint™ feature helps you play while you learn.
* Music and sound effects.
* Keep track of up to 4 games at once.
* Keep track of your game's progress with a fully automated score sheet.
* Track your statistics over multiple game sessions.
* Play in English or German.
* Optimized high resolution images for iPhone 4 and iPad.
(It also looks fantastic on older iPhones and iPod touch.)
Follow the developer on Twitter @sblanding.
Note: If you encounter any issue which you think is a bug, or even if you would just like to drop me a line, please send me email at steve-at-housefullofgames-dot-com. Posting bug reports in the comments below doesn't help me because I can't contact you to ask for more details. Please don't hesitate to write. I'd love to hear from you!
* bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Compelling game--like Spades but much richer!
I have never played Tichu before but I am now good and hooked! The game has one of the best tutorials that I've seen on a phone platform and the "shake a hint" is invaluable. Partner games are so rare these days and I want to get friends to play, but the computer players are the next best thing. And you can easily play online side by side with multiple phones!!! If you like Spades I promise you'll love Tichu. The help is also well written and close at hand to reference to help understand how the special cards work--even includes a bit of strategy. Can't imagine getting bored of this game. Well worth paying for. Thank you for bringing it to the iPhone, and thus, to me!!!
I have been playing this game since I purchased my first iPad....Several years ago! Tichu is my favorite game to play online....It is never boring, and I love the fact that I don’t have to spend a fortune in order to be successful and win a game! It seems like every other game out there is boring as hell unless you “purchase” boosters or addl credits to play the game...I have just deleted both Bejeweled Blitz and Candy Crush because if you don’t pay additional money, the game is boring as hell! I Love Tichu!!!
Been playing for years and years and if I could only keep three games on my phone this would be one of them. The A.I. is adjustable for each player when you click on their name and it works. You can set them from stupid all the way to cheating. Gameplay, graphics, design, and sound are at a point that I honestly can't think of a reasonable improvement. Not sure I've ever said that about a game before. It is that good.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.