Tick is an easy-to-use time-tracking and billing application that quickly creates professional looking invoices. Whether you are a full time contractor, or working part-time on the side, Tick can help you track the hours spent on each project. Tick is designed to be intuitive and unobtrusive so you can focus on your work, not this app.
* Projects and Customers: Set up as many projects you want. For each project, assign a client and the hourly rate you'll be charging.
* Timer Widget: Track the hours you spend on each task. Assign a project and a description of the task to save it.
– Timers can be controlled via keyboard shortcuts.
– Timers can also be controlled from the menubar, reducing the need to toggle between windows.
- Multiple windows can be used simulataneously to track time on multiple projects.
* Tasks: For each project, a log is kept of which tasks are completed each day. This makes it easy to see the total hours spent and total money earned each day.
- Export the tasks for any of your projects into a tab-delimited CSV file.
- Easily back-date any existing tasks.
- Round time for tasks created from the Timer.
* Invoicing: When ready to bill for a particular project, Tick will group the tasks by date into a professional looking invoice.
- You can choose to have the PDF emailed to both you and the client, or saved to your filesystem.
– Drag and save a logo on the Invoicing preferences and it will show up in the PDF invoice.
* Privacy Mode: for when you don't want the people close by seeing all the money you're making. Hides all financial information throughout the app.
* International Currency Support. Choose whether to bill in Dollars, Euros, Pounds, Yen, Yuan, Rupees or Czech Crowns. Don't see your currency? Visit the Tick Support page and request it be added!
** Be sure to make any feature requests on the Tick Support page (located in the sidebar on the App Store).
Performance improvements for OS X Yosemite
Ratings and Reviews
I have to admitt that Steve created a very cool tool for consultants. There are a few issues I don't like about it, but I am sure it develop with time. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is I need to work on Fixed contracts from time to time, but I figured out I could just set hour rate to fixed cost, change the hour rate for additional lines. No control over what invoice looks like or what data is arranged on it. But it is the easiest tool I have seen for invoicing. More productivity than app.
Nice streamlined design, but I can't use it since I can't backdate tasks
Ideally everything is done while being timed by this app, but it doesn't always happen. I need to be able to enter tasks and time for past dates and it's useless to me if just one task can't be entered. I checked help and couldn't find a way to do what I wanted. Also, the profile address field is one line and looks primitive on the invoice. Please add additional lines.
Worthless waste of $10
I want my money back so I can spend it on something that works. This app was buggy right off the bat. I added two customers. Then I tried to add some projects. I could add one project but then the other 2nd line project would never take its simple two word description but it simply barked back at me with a dink-dink noise when I tried to tab over to the next field. I treid multiple methods to try to get it to work to no avail. Without being able to add projects, the app is worthless!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.