Ticket to Ride Europe Pocket
By Days Of Wonder, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TRAVEL THROUGH EUROPE IN THIS FOLLOW-UP TO OUR MILLION-SELLING TICKET TO RIDE BOARD GAME!
ALSO FEATURES A SWISS MAP, AVAILABLE AS AN IN-APP PURCHASE!
** What is it?
A digital adaptation of the best-selling Ticket to Ride EUROPE board game that introduced Ferries, Tunnels and Stations into the game.
** What’s in it?
• The map of Ticket to Ride Europe
• A new AI bot, PoirBot, specifically designed for Europe
• 5 new European-specific achievements
• The map of Ticket to Ride Switzerland (available as an in-app purchase) that also comes with its own specific bot, EscherBot
• The same Conductor Level and Pressure Gauge achievements first introduced in Ticket to Ride Pocket; they can now be saved online and take into account Online games played with other copies of Ticket to Ride
• The same SOLO, PASS-and-PLAY, LOCAL and MULTI modes, and leader boards, that made the original Ticket to Ride Pocket so popular
** What else?
We care deeply about your ideas, comments and suggestions. Please feel free to contact us on our forums at www.daysofwonder.com
What's New in Version 1.1
*** NEW FEATURES ***
• Facebook Native Share support: share your Achievements on Facebook with a single tap!
• Switch between Ticket to Ride Pocket & Europe Pocket with a single tap
• Improved integration with Game Center and Facebook:
◇ Easy step-by-step process to find your existing Days of Wonder Online account and link it to your Game Center and Facebook accounts.
◇ New panel in the Settings screen to manage your accounts, switch to another Days of Wonder Online account, etc.
• You can now abort the in-game tutorial mid-game.
• iOS 6 support.
*** BUG FIXES AND OTHER IMPROVEMENTS ***
• Saving your Achievements to your Days of Wonder Online account has been improved.
• Crash fixed: while reloading a solo game with PoirBot
• Other various fixes.
This game is a lot of fun. And it is very addicting. But there are a few things that I can't shake that should not be. It sometimes crashes automatically, and you have to start the game over. It sometimes zooms in so that you cannot see your cards, and the only way to get out of that is to start the game over. The music will sometimes stop working, and just the sound effects of the trains remain. I've tried turning up and down the volume of the music itself through the game, but that doesn't seem to help. My biggest gripe is that a lot of the achievements don't make sense. For instance, one is to win without claiming any tunnel routes. I did that a few times, and the achievement still will not appear. There are a few other achievements that I don't even understand. Though it was a lot of fun at first, without any attainable achievements left, it bored me quickly. The bugs really keep it at 3 stars.
Has a couple important bugs
This app works great 90% of the time. Beware if you use the stations, though.
The first time I used a station to complete my long route, it showed that my mission still wasn't completed. So, thinking I'd put the station on the wrong city, I put it on the adjacent city to claim it. It still didn't show the mission completed. Since I'd burned two stations, I just quit the game. No point in continuing.
Tried again next time, and while it didn't show the mission completed during the game, it calculated it at the end. Great!
Just tried a station again on an unclaimed track between Amsterdam and London that required two wilds that I didn't have. Last turn of the game. At the final tally, it didn't count the mission as completed. It should have. The rules state that "potentially claimed by another player," which would lead me to assume you can use a station on a claimed or unclaimed route.
This bug is small potatoes compared to the world's heavy problems, but it is a little bit of a downer to spend 15 mins playing the game only to lose badly at the end because of a bug. Hope the developers can fix it. I'm using the latest version of the pocket app on an iPhone 4.
It works fine, but it really could have used more work before being released. I'm not thrilled with this being a separate app from the original, and STATIONS. I only know how they work after several games of trial and error. It's not well-explained or well-implemented (just let us pick the route we're claiming, so we know what's going on and which ticket we've used and how we can't put anything down next to a station or it ruins everything?), and it's not like I could look at the CPUs for guidance, because they apparently don't know about stations, despite the fact that they are one of the few big changes in this game. And I still don't know the specifics of why I can or can't use a tunnel. Either have a better UI or explain your rules better.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 08, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 27.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Days of Wonder
- © Days of Wonder 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation).
Top In-App Purchases
- Ticket to Ride - Switzerland$0.99