Ticket to Ride
By Days Of Wonder, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
THE BEST-SELLING BOARD GAME NOW PLAYABLE ON THE IPAD
Elegantly simple… 3 minutes to learn… tension building at every turn – definitely NOT your Father's train game!
*** Apple Game of the Week (iPad), June 9-15, 2011 – #1 in Strategy Games – #1 in Board Games – #9 in Top Apps in the App Store*** (Source: TopAppCharts, May-June 2011)
**Pocket Gamer: 9/10 with Gold Award – "A fantastic adaptation of an excellent boardgame, and a must-buy for strategy fans"
**Ars Technica: "The iPad version of Ticket to Ride impresses right from the beginning."
**Wired: "the app is a beaut. If you’re a fan of board games and you’ve got an iPad, this is definitely one you’ll want to get."
**148Apps: 5 Stars and Editor's Choice – "…the best translation of a board game to iOS yet"
**iOS Board Games (BoardGameGeek.com): 9.5/10 – "A fun and engaging app that offers a sleek and speedy online multiplayer system. It ranks up there with the best offerings on iOS."
By the makers of Small World for iPad, winner of the Pocket Gamer Awards 2011 for Best iPad Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year!
The best Online adaptation yet of Days of Wonder’s best-selling train game, Ticket to Ride features:
• Includes Pass-and-Play with up to 5 live opponents on one iPad
• Alan R. Moon’s official Ticket to Ride maps with original artwork
• Game Center and Days of Wonder Online support for Online Play against other iPad, Mac and PC gamers
• An unparalleled online player community with tens of thousands of live opponents willing and ready to play 24/7!
• Solo play against up to 4 AI players
• Additional maps of Europe, Switzerland and USA 1910 available as in-game purchases
• Terrific iPad video tutorial with voice acting for quick and easy learning
• Detailed, interactive turn-by-turn, in-game tutorial
• Contextual in-game Conductor’s Notes (web-based rules) to help you master all the maps
• Grand Central Station, a fully-animated and colorful experience to discover the world of Ticket to Ride
• Online and offline Hall of Fame
What's New in Version 1.4.4
Bug fixes due to recent iOS update
Great game, issues with the app
One of my favorite board games. The graphics in the app are beautiful, and the gameplay is realistic and the computers play mostly well.
However, you can't play vs. Ticket to Ride Pocket users. Why pay extra to have the app on my bigger iPad screen if I also have to buy the Pocket version just so I can play people who don't have the game for iPad? Also, the interface for setting up an online game is kind of clunky.
I'd give this at least 4 and maybe 5 stars if online gameplay between iPads and iPhones worked. That's by far the biggest frustration with an otherwise great game.
Love the game but issues with the app
I love this game however this app has some issues. Like freezing often where I have to force shut it down or leave a game and take a hit on my score. Also it has recently stopped updating my ranking score and number of games I played. So I have been at the same score and the same number of games played for the past 20 games I have played very annoying. Kind of defeats the purpose of playing other online competitively. Tried emailing company but no response.
This is simply a must-have app. The competitive, on-line aspects of this game really shine through with 2-to-6 Gamecenter players. As they have done with their board games, Days Of Wonder have meticulously thought this through to make an ambient and enjoyable experience from beginning to end. If you're looking for a turn-based strategy game, this is the one to get.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 14, 2014
- Version: 1.4.4
- Size: 148 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Days of Wonder
- © Days of Wonder 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ticket to Ride USA - 1910$0.99
- Ticket to Ride Europe$4.99
- Ticket to Ride - Switzerland$3.99
- Legendary Asia$3.99