Discover Ticket To Ride, the digital adaptation of the famous Ticket To Ride board game.
Don't hang about on the platform – board the train and set off on a railway adventure like no other. Collect wagons to take control of the railways connecting the various cities of the United States of America and relive the golden age of the first railroads. Continue the adventure in other countries using the various maps available in the store, including Europe, India, Asia, Germany, and the new United Kingdom expansion. Now you can create your own railway network by connecting cities across the world.
Enjoy different gaming experiences such as challenging players from around the world in asynchronous multiplayer mode and discovering a very balanced single-player mode on different platforms!
With over 50 million online matches and a new game starting every four seconds, Ticket To Ride delivers a gaming experience that is unique in its genre.
**Ars Technica – ""Ticket to Ride is impressive right from the start""
**Pocket Gamer: 9/10 with a Gold Award – ""A fantastic adaptation of an excellent board game, and a must-buy for strategy fans""
Ticket To Ride Series is:
• The original USA board from Alan R. Moon's Ticket To Ride in high resolution.
• 9 additional maps and 2 mini-expansions (with 2 game variations each) are sold in the in-game store, each with their own special characteristics:
- France (map & game variations)
- United Kingdom (map & game variations)
- Switzerland (map)
- USA 1910 (game variations)
- Europe (map)
- Legendary Asia (map)
- India (vertical map)
- Scandinavia (vertical map)
- Europa 1912 (game variations)
- Pennsylvania (map)
- Germany (map)
- ...And new content updated regularly!
• Single-player mode: play against 1 to 4 AI opponents.
• Multiplayer mode
· Asynchronous online games (Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G) against other players on all types of smartphones and tablets, as well as on computers.
· A unique online community with tens of thousands of players available 24 hours a day!
· Pass and Play Mode: up to 5 players on one screen and the option of adding AI (bots).
· Cross-platform play: challenge players around the world on different platforms and operating systems
• Tutorial to quickly familiarize you with the game.
• Pop-up help during the game to help you get to know all the subtleties of the various boards and game rules.
• Ranking of the best online and single-player players (best scores).
To find out more, visit:
Got a problem and need help? Contact us on: https://asmodee.helpshift.com/a/ticket-to-ride/
Languages available: English, French, German, Spanish, and Italian.
Fix a crash on iPhone when joining a game on India, France, Germany, Nordic Countries or UK (any portrait map)
Ratings and Reviews
Nice picture and proper sound notice makes good presentation of the game. Brought me much fun and is a good pass time. There’s still a few problems:
1. Please fix the glitches with pass and play on iPad. I was never able to launch the game that way. It quits unexpectedly every time, making me and my friend pay twice if we want to play together even in the same room. I hope it was meant for people together to play on one device. Otherwise we can’t really persuade everybody to pay 6 dollars and get involved.
2. Cannot choose icon for myself. Always the green boy if I’m host player(But I’m girl) it doesn’t mess with the game, but allowing choice with icon is definitely more fun. Same thing for multiplayer’s locally. I cannot tell my friend from robot player unless asking his color
3. I’ve played board game and there was this concept of building a station, where you could use all routes directly connected to the station to complete your path cards. Would you be able to adapt this function? Currently it’s nothing challenging but drawing cards by luck and predicting robots routes to act accordingly. (They are pretty weak though after you’ve played a while)
Okay But Too Often Frustrating
A couple design flaws and/or glitches takes most of the fun out of the game. The game is mostly well made and easy to play with the exception of the following which often makes it frustrating and not worth playing. Hopefully the below is fixed someday because this game could be one of the best.
- The game often stalls for 5-30 seconds each turn when each player’s timers continues to run after he executes his move. The next player can’t play and everyone just has to wait for some unknown reason.
- One attempted workaround to the above, which doesn’t usually work, is for players to exit the game and return after they make their move. Unfortunately this requires other players to click ‘Okay’ each time the notifications appear. Which can mean you’re clicking dozens of times every game instead of just playing.
- The game doesn’t have an individual turn time limit so if a player isn’t active you have to wait the entire 10-15 minutes of their game clock until the robot jumps in.
- The game has some cool graphics when you complete a route or have the longest train but it slows the game down too much, especially since it already is frustratingly slow from the above items.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your detailed feed-back. Could you please make sure that you update your app to the latest version (2.6.3 or above)? The first items you describe about the stalls are really surprising and absolutely not normal. The workflow of online play is normally very smooth. About the animations that you find too slow, make sure you check out the speed settings (the Settings screen can be found in the Station). You can speed up the animations there. Hopefully this will make you feel better about the game.
Have fun with the game!
Excellent game design, glitchy app
I really enjoy the tabletop version of Ticket to Ride, especially playing with my parents who have grown a bit bored of the scrabble-and-monopoly board games but don’t really want to sit through a half-hour rules presentation either. It’s strategic enough to be interesting but not hard to understand. The app version is 100% faithful to the board game, and it’s been a lot of fun to try out the different maps that I’d hesitated to get physical copies of due to space constraints. Definitely worth it if you like board games, and want to play with people far away.
That said, the process of setting up invitation games is clunky and kind of hard to navigate (not to mention troubleshoot over the phone) and the scoring glitches on some of the maps have really detracted from the fun. It’s also a lot of information on a small space, and it would be really handy to be able to up the font size, especially when playing on an iPad mini. I hope to see these problems improve, as I’ve seen some of the older bugs get fixed.
- Asmodee Digital
- 668.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Digital game published by Asmodee Digital. Game created and edited by Days of Wonder
- In-App Purchases
- Ticket to Ride USA - 1910 $0.99
- Ticket to Ride Europe $2.99
- Ticket to Ride - Switzerland $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.