Ticket to Ride
By Asmodee Digital
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The official adaptation of Days of Wonder's best-selling train board game, Ticket to Ride, now on mobile version!
In addition to the exciting multiplayer mode, players will enjoy a new intuitive user interface, new social media capabilities to share exciting moments, and play against live opponents from all around the world on the various boards!
With over 50 million games played online and a new game starting every 4 seconds on average, Ticket to Ride offers a game experience unique amongst its peers.
**Ars Technica – « Ticket to Ride is impressive right from the start. »
**Pocket Gamer: 9/10 with Gold Award – ""A fantastic adaptation of an excellent board game, and a must-buy for strategy fans""
**Carrefour des Cultures – « The transition from the board to the digital is very successful… The best iPad board game of its category. »
**148Apps: 5 stars and selected by the editor - « The best board game adaptation on iOS so far. »
**iOS Board Games (BoardGameGeek.com): 9.5/10 – ""A fun and engaging app that offers a sleek and speedy online multiplayer system. It ranks up there with the best offerings on iOS.""
Ticket to Ride includes :
• Alan R. Moon's official Ticket to Ride USA map with original artwork in full high resolution
• 7 additional maps and 2 mini-expansions (containing 3 variants each) available in the shop in-game, with their own specificities:
· Switzerland (map)
· USA 1910 (game variants)
· Europe (map)
· Legendary Asia (map)
· India (vertical map)
· Nordic Countries (vertical map)
· Europa 1912 (game variants)
· Pennsylvania (map)
· Germany (map)
· …Extra content is added regularly!
• Solo play against up to 4 AI players.
• Multiplayer support
· Online Play (WiFi, 3G, 4G) against other iPhone, iPad, Mac (non-exhaustive list).
· An unparalleled online player community with tens of thousands of live opponents.
· Pass-and-Play with up to 4 live opponents (can include AI players too).
· True cross-platform: players can challenge each other on other supported platforms including Mac, iPhone, iPad.
• Detailed, interactive, turn-by-turn, in-game tutorial.
• Contextual in-game notes to help you master all the maps.
• Online and offline Hall of Fame.
For more information, please visit
Having an issue? Looking for support? Please contact us:https://asmodee.helpshift.com/a/ticket-to-ride/
Find all the latest news for Ticket to Ride Digital on Facebook, Instgram, Twitter and Youtube !
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/asmodeedigital
Languages available: English, French, German
What's New in Version 2.4.1
Works again on iOS 7.0 and newer.
This is a wonderful interface for a fun, classic board game! I've played TTR for over a decade. I downloaded this to play online with a friend who lives a couple hours away, and it was as fun as playing it live. The new version with all the expansion boards is much better than the older "pocket" version, loads quicker and I love the challenges of the new boards.
A few glitches needing to restart the app because of an incoming call, probably due to my cellular data connection, but the game picked up right where it should. It's sometimes hard to tell who's turn it is-- the Germany board has a nice feature of the active player's banner dropping down a bit-- it'd be nice if this happened on every board. Otherwise there's a tiny little clock moving next to the avatar of the active player, a very tiny, very little clock tucked away in the corner of a very busy screen. It's a pretty minor issue though, overall this is a great app!
Great App, Some Glitches
I got the board game a few months back. Several expansion packs and versions later, I'm a true fan. I just got around to downloading the app last night and had a GREAT time playing my first few games (solo, online with strangers, and online with a friend both live and turn-based).
I had a GREAT time! The only glitches I experienced was in one game with a stranger. His turns were taking forever, he or she wouldn't chat, and when I would hard close the game and reload, my timer would be way lower. This makes me wonder whether the problem was the other player's behavior or a glitchy app. Reading other reviews leads me to believe it's the latter, so 4 stars not 5. Full disclosure, it's still a 4++ for me because all the essential elements of this masterfully designed game were beautifully and faithfully available in the app. It's stupid that you can't change your train color. I don't always want to be green!
Would give 0 Stars for Inaccessibility
Have been kicked out of my online login and had serious problems logging back in not once, but nearly 6 times now in a single week of playing. App crashes every few games and will not log back into a player account. I bought the game to play with friends and game WILL NOT allow players as guests, so the login problem is essentially one that prevents ALL functionality of the app.
Problems: app crashing, login issues, cannot use for intended purpose
Other issues that are nearly deal breakers:
- Challenging to see who's turn it is
- no "undo" button for when game registers the wrong click or misinterprets where you wanted to place something
- Takes 8-9 clicks to get into a game (might not seem like a lot but...)
- Cannot toggle between games so must start from the home page every time - making those 8-9 clicks over and over and over and over again until you want to scream.
- Help function is not helpful
- Because of board layout, occasionally the game will incorrectly register placing cards when you are simply swiping up on your phone for volume/music/utilities.
- Bots are too stupid.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 10, 2017
- Version: 2.4.1
- Size: 346 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Asmodee Digital
- © Days of Wonder 2012-2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ticket to Ride USA - 1910$0.99
- Ticket to Ride Europe$0.99
- Ticket to Ride - Switzerland$0.99
- Legendary Asia$0.99
- Nordic Countries$1.99
- Ticket to Ride Pennsylvania$1.99
- Ticket to Ride Germany$1.99
- Ticket to Ride Nordic Special Pack$1.99