Ticket to Ride
By Days Of Wonder, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*** Ticket to Ride just won the 2012 Pocket Gamer Awards for Best Strategy/Simulation Game!! ***
THE BEST-SELLING TRAIN GAME ROLLS ONTO THE MAC APP STORE
Elegantly simple… 3 minutes to learn… tension building at every turn – definitely NOT your Father's train game!
** Bruce Geryk, Computer Gaming World - "This has to be one of the most addicting little games since Bejeweled."
**Pocket Gamer: 9/10 with Gold Award – "A fantastic adaptation of an excellent boardgame, and a must-buy for strategy fans"
**Ars Technica: "Ticket to Ride impresses right from the beginning."
By the makers of Ticket to Ride for iPad, winner of the Pocket Gamer Awards 2012 for Best iPad Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year and Small World for iPad, winner of the Pocket Gamer Awards 2011 for Best iPad Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year
The best Online adaptation yet of Days of Wonder’s best-selling train game, Ticket to Ride features:
• Alan R. Moon’s official Ticket to Ride maps with original artwork, in glorious full-screen mode on Lion
• Days of Wonder Online support for Online Play against other iPad, Mac and PC gamers
• An unparalleled online player community with tens of thousands of live opponents willing and ready to play 24/7!
• Solo play against up to 4 AI players and Hot Seat play against other players on the same Mac
• Additional maps of Europe, Switzerland and USA 1910 available as in-game purchases
• Terrific video tutorial with voice acting for quick and easy learning
• Detailed, interactive turn-by-turn, in-game tutorial
• Contextual in-game Conductor’s Notes (web-based rules) to help you master all the maps
• Grand Central Station, a fully-animated and colorful experience to discover the world of Ticket to Ride
• Online and offline Hall of Fame
• In-game purchase of additional maps requires Mac OS X 10.7 ("Lion") or higher
• Minimum screen size: 1280 x 720 pixels in full-screen mode
What's New in Version 1.01
- Fixed compatibility with Mountain Lion
Great App on iPad - Buggy Online Play on Mac
After falling in love with the iPad app, my wife and I were super excited to see that it was available for Mac as well. And we have enjoyed playing each other when possible. However, I have found that the Ticket to Ride Online component of the game can be very buggy on Mac. It crashes everytime I try to name my own game, it does not allow me to invite fellow players from the Restaurant, and I cannot create a private game. So it is virtually impossible to set up an online game wiht JUST my family and friends from afar. I never had this trouble with the PC version, so I am hoping that the developers read this and put some more attention into the Mac version. Also, when drawing cards, it can be slow or buggy on Mac as well. Please look into this developer(s)! I will sing your praises and continue to buy your products. :)
Other than these issues, it is a great game and well worth the price.
Love the game
I surely do love this game. I have the game boards, downloaded on my Macbook, and Ipad…my onlt issue is on the Macbook. When I go to create a game, I can’t change the name. When I click on the box to enter it, the game crashes. And When playing on my Macbook, at the end of the game you can review what each person’s tickets were and what not, but you can on the Ipad version…other than that I have not had any issues. I love it.
Not enough trains
This game is fun but I keep getting a message that I don’t have enough trains to complete a route. This always happens on the last play and I always have enough trains. I can have the exact color needed, enough of one color for the “any color” spaces, or the color I need plus an engine. It is very frustrating and I would like to know if there is a fix for this problem.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 09, 2012
- Version: 1.01
- Size: 308 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Days of Wonder
- © Days of Wonder 2012
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later
Top In-App Purchases
- Ticket to Ride USA 1910$1.99
- Ticket to Ride Europe$4.99
- Ticket to Ride Switzerland$3.99