Tide Watch is a harmonic tide prediction application for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. Tide predictions, as well as sun and moon events, are available for hundreds of locations in the United States, selectable by state or by proximity to the device. Predictions are provided for thousand of specific locations, called “stations”, for which harmonics information is provided by NOAA. Predictions can be displayed as a table or a chart.
Tide Watch predictions do not incorporate the effects of tropical storms, El Niño, seismic events, subsidence, uplift, or changes in global sea level.
NOT FOR NAVIGATION: This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. The author assumes no liability for damages arising from use of this program OR of any 'harmonics data' that might be distributed with it. For details, see the appended GNU General Public License.
Source code for Tide Watch is available under the GNU Public License. For details, please visit our home page.
- simplified the selection of custom date ranges
- chart views are not strictly bound by date range
- fixed a particularly egregious bug where the first selection of a location after loading the app could display predictions for the wrong location (i.e., incorrect results); not a way to make a good first impression
- fixed another bug in the station list where conditions and predictions for the wrong location was sometimes displayed in a list entry
- updated harmonics file from which predictions are generated, although this should not make a significant difference in prediction values
- removed obsolete Apple Watch support (SDK v1); planning to restore this with better features in a future release
- various other minor bug fixes and performance tweaks
Ratings and Reviews
Won't load correctly and it's WAY off. Sad when your wind app is spot on but this is junk.
Accurate, User Friendly
UI is easy to use and navigate without any lags. Multitude of data points available-have yet to find an area that is not detected by this app. Excellent support service as well.
If you want a nice graphic tide table for area around you this is nice. The map isn't very useful for selecting distant stations, and you can't specify future dates (like if you're planning a future trip and want to specify August 3rd for example). With some tweaks and perhaps current info this could be a great app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.