*** Winner of the Play Advances Language (PAL) Award***
Tiggly Story Maker puts YOU in control. Create a world powered by your imagination, and bring word building and storytelling to life! With the screen recording feature you can record up to a two-minute video: both video of the screen and your voice.
This app turns the process of creating three-letter words into a madcap experiment. Two consonants sit on the bottom of the screen with a space in between. Kids use any vowel they wish on the screen to see if it creates a word. When the letter combo creates a real word, the corresponding object appears on the screen, accompanied by a humorous animation. For example, when kids make the word "peg," a peg hops into the scene followed by a limping pirate who snatches the peg and attaches it to his leg. Or, when kids make two "pigs", they meet and fall in love! By trying different consonant-vowel-consonant (CVC) word combos, kids bring animals and objects into being and essentially create a world powered by their imaginations. The silly animations are so creative that kids will be constantly combining the CVC words to see what happens next. Then, when the objects interact in unexpected ways, kids can get in on the zaniness by recording their voice to tell a story while they use their fingers to move the objects around on the screen. Tiggly Story Maker makes creating words an adventure that kids will want to tell.
Please note that we have renamed "Tiggly Tales" app to "Tiggly Story Maker"-- same app with new words and new exciting features.
- Build a world as big as your imagination
- Build more than 40 unique CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) words
- Replace vowels in words to create new ones
- Discover more than 200 hidden interactions-- like having the pigs fall in love, hens laying eggs, pugs catching a cab, cubs chasing the pigs, and catching bugs in a big bag…
- Laugh with many many silly surprises as the animals interact
RECORD YOUR STORIES
- Come up with endless stories
- Capture your voice telling and animating your stories
- Share your creations with family, friends, and loved ones
OUR PROMISES TO YOU
- No third party advertising
- No in-app purchases
(enhanced by Tiggly Words)
Kids love Tiggly Story Maker as a standalone learning app, but better yet they can stretch their learning with Tiggly Words connected toys that interact with your tablet (sold separately)
- Tiggly Words is a revolutionary early literacy learning toy for 4 to 8 year old children.
- Tiggly Words are five vowel toys, safe for your child and your tablet, that physically interact with three parent- and educator-approved learning apps for the iPad – including Tiggly Submarine, Tiggly Story Maker, and Tiggly Doctor.
- No Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or batteries needed - just touch the screen with toys and apps react in real-time.
- With your purchase of Tiggly Words you will receive $2.99 discount on Tiggly Words toys. Make sure to get yours with Apple Pay inside the app!
The Tiggly team is made up of PhDs, MBAs, parents, grandparents, uncles, and aunts who want to help parents introduce their children to the digital world in an easy yet educational way. Our educator-designed tablet toys interact with our learning apps because we believe there is a powerful learning opportunity in the combination of physical and digital play. Children explore mathematical concepts and numerical relations by manipulating physical number blocks while playing in wonderful digital worlds that stretch their imagination and spark their creativity. Our team collaborates with Grammy and Emmy-award winning creative talent to craft products that parents and children both love. Tiggly products are available in 20+ countries and in more than 300 Apple Store locations across four continents, in addition to specialty retailers worldwide.
- The app now comes in both American and British accents
- The menu and setting options are available in 12 languages: English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Mandarin, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese, Korean and Arabic
Ratings and Reviews
I purchased all of the Tiggly products and all of the apps. I have sound on only one of the apps and the one that has sound won't go past the loading screen. This was quite a bit of money for me to spend on all three games and the apps for my nanny job, and I feel I'm being short changed with the sound not working on so many of the apps and the only one with sound stuck on the loading screen.
I paid full price for the app and the letters because I loved that it was multi-sensory and it corrects students when a word doesn't make sense. These are two valuable things when working with struggling students.
Creative, fun play
We love the tiggly apps in our house. This one is a favorite. Making our own stories with the silly things we spell/make is so fun for mom, 3, and 6 year old.
- kidtellect Inc.
- 199.2 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Kidtellect Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.