TikiTokiDesktop is timeline maker software that allows you to create an unlimited number of beautiful interactive timelines on your Mac computer. The timelines can include images, videos and audio from your local hard drive. Find out more at: http://www.tiki-toki.com/desktopapp/
Requires Mac OSX 10.6.8 and above. Please note that this product cannot be used to create web-based timelines. Please also note that TikiTokiDesktop is designed primarily for making interactive time-based presentations - printing options are therefore limited. If you require sophisticated, customizable print-outs, you may want to check out other products.
Before purchasing, we recommend you visit http://www.tiki-toki.com/desktopapp/ where you can find lots of information about the software, and download a free demo version. Any questions, please drop us an email.
TikiTokiDesktop offers loads of customisation and display options (including a 3d view) to help you give your timeline a unique look. It includes the following features:
1) Multiple ways of viewing your timelines, including a stunning 3d view
2) Spans - split your timeline into different sections based on time, each with their own colour or background image
3) Categories - assign your stories/events to particular colour-coded categories, and optionally display each category as a band in the timeline
4) Tagging - assign multiple tags to timeline stories and search by tag
5) Multimedia - display images, videos and audio as well as text in your timeline
1) Autoplay - see the Advanced Settings panel
2) Arrows to navigate between images in expanded image mode
3) Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
One of a kind!!!
I really like this app!! It is an incredibly unique ane well put together program. I’ve looked through a great deal of apps and NONE have had the features of a real timeline until this one came along. Graphically it is awesome of what it allows you to do. The down side to this app, like most things - it takes a little time to play with, read things online and understand before you can utilize it fully. If you are into recording any type of history be it fictional character, family, personal or anything else -it is a wonderful tool for that.
Great teaching tool
This is a very cool application that I weave into some of my teaching. There’s a few areas where I wish things were just slightly more intuitive in the UI, and I wish I could take either the 2d or 3d view and export it as a video with a selected pacing of advancing through the timeline. Those couple of things would take four stars to five.
Great Displays and depth
I use this for presenting research and historical data and like the variety of views- I paid the money for this over Timeline because of the ability to present in many different ways. This took a bit of digging through the menus, but once I figured out the colored bands option, the durations option, and others I found great ways to present 5 different events that all occurred simultaneously in an easily comprehended manner.
Sharing timelines to the web is not possible, but sharing the file and an invitation to the free viewer worked well. Export to PDF can work like screenshots (in my case that was 35 pages of PDF) or simply exporting the text reduced the file to 7 pages still with pleasant appearance.
The box for web links in the presentation is good for people wanting more information or linking to an online source for citation.
Room for improvement would be linking this to the website tikitoki and streamlining the menu system a little bit. Well recommended for flexibility and variety of options to present- picture heavy or text heavy or a balance, all work well with this.
- Webalon Ltd
- 3.5 MB
- OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016- Webalon Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.