Now you can practice for your Bar Mitzvah with an iPhone & iPad app that helps you learn to read your Bar Mitzvah Parsha. The app is an interactive Tikun Korim. The Tikun works on both the iPhone and iPad and has many features to aid in learning your reading.
The layout of the Tikun is specially designed to fit the iPad or iPhone, being about half the height of a normal Tikun. It works in both landscape and portrait mode; where landscape mode has the Torah view on the left and the Ta'amim (Cantorial notes) on the right, and portait mode shows only one view at a time with a quick toggle switch to flip between the two. There is a bookmark feature for quick access to the parsha you are studying and the ability to record and email that recording to your friends and Bar Mitzvah teacher. Also included is a Ta'amim Chart with audio by a professional Bar Mitzvah teacher, so you can learn how to lain on your own.
Included is all of the Torah, Haftorahs and Megillat Esther, Shir Hashirim, Ruth, Eichah and Kohelet!
The typesetter for this Tikun is by Divrei Emes. Audio (available as in app purchase) for Ashkenaz parshas were recorded by Ira Slotnick. Audio for the Sephardic parshiot were recorded by Rabbi Baruch Mishaan.
Professional Baal Korim will appreciate the clarity of the text, Shvah Na and alternate opinion notation.
* Interactive Digital Tikun
* Landscape / Portait Modes for both iPhone & iPad
* Record Audio & Email Recordings
* Bookmark Sections
* Parsha Slider & Quick Finds
* Ta'amim Chart with Professional Audio
* Great Bar Mitzvah Teaching Aid
* Clear & Crisp Text With Zoom Capability
* Shvah Nah Notation
* Alternate Opinion Notation
* In app purchases for downloading Parsha Torah Reading Audio*
Please provide us with feedback: email@example.com
* To access audio for purchase, click on the Parsha menu and click the button with the $ on it. The entire Torah is available for Ashkenazic and Sephardic recordings.
Resolve Yom Kippur Haftorah Issue
Ratings and Reviews
Do not buy it
It is not spoaradic nigun it is Maroken and you need to buy every parsh separate for $4.99 after you spend $19.99 and in parshat Pinchas all the Alia are the first Alia so save money and do not get it until they will fix it problems.
Developer Response ,
Please contact support. Sounds like something is not right. Tikun@rustybrick.com
Nice Tikun; price is high for what you get
Nice clear layout. Even has the haftorahs in Tikun format. One size fit for all devices; layout in iPad Pro is exact same as iPhone. Would be better if additional text (up to the full amud) was shown on larger devices. No option to increase or decrease font size as in other free apps available in the market. Somewhat pricey for what you get.
Developer Response ,
The app works on iPad and has a double click gesture to quickly switch between vowel modes. Please send a support email so we can work out your issues firstname.lastname@example.org
Excellent app for practicing reading
Love the app use it all the time .love how a double tap changes back and forth from Nekudot to not . I just wish it was a little cheaper to purchase a Parashah $5 per Parashah plus I already payed $20 just to buy the app is a lot of money
- RustyBrick, Inc.
- 15.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2015 RustyBrick, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Parshas Bereshis Ashkenazis Recording $4.99
- Parshat Bereshit Sephardic Recording $4.99
- Megillas Esther Ashkenazis Recording $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.