Tikun Korim - תקון קוראים - Practice Your Bar Mitzvah Parsha
By RustyBrick, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now you can practice for your Bar Mitzvah with an iPhone & iPad app that helps you learn to read your Bar Mitzvah Parsha. The app is an interactive Tikun Korim. The Tikun works on both the iPhone and iPad and has many features to aid in learning your reading.
The layout of the Tikun is specially designed to fit the iPad or iPhone, being about half the height of a normal Tikun. It works in both landscape and portrait mode; where landscape mode has the Torah view on the left and the Ta'amim (Cantorial notes) on the right, and portait mode shows only one view at a time with a quick toggle switch to flip between the two. There is a bookmark feature for quick access to the parsha you are studying and the ability to record and email that recording to your friends and Bar Mitzvah teacher. Also included is a Ta'amim Chart with audio by a professional Bar Mitzvah teacher, so you can learn how to lain on your own.
Included is all of the Torah, Haftorahs and Megillas Esther.
The typesetter for this Tikun is by Divrei Emes. Audio for Ashkenaz parshas were recorded by Ira Slotnick. Audio for the Sephardic parshiot were recorded by Rabbi Baruch Mishaan.
Professional Baal Korim will appreciate the clarity of the text, Shvah Na and alternate opinion notation.
* Interactive Digital Tikun
* Landscape / Portait Modes for both iPhone & iPad
* Record Audio & Email Recordings
* Bookmark Sections
* Parsha Slider & Quick Finds
* Ta'amim Chart with Professional Audio
* Great Bar Mitzvah Teaching Aid
* Clear & Crisp Text With Zoom Capability
* Shvah Nah Notation
* Alternate Opinion Notation
* In app purchases for downloading Parsha Torah Reading Audio*
Please provide us with feedback: email@example.com
* To access audio for purchase, click on the Parsha menu and click the button with the $ on it. The entire Torah is available for Askenazic and Sephardic recordings.
What's New in Version 1.3.5
- iOS 7 Audio Fix
- iPhone 5 Support
If you like this or would like us to produce more Jewish apps, please add reviews in the app store to keep the updates coming!
* OnlySimchas - Celebrating Jewish Life
* The Manischewitz Recipe & Holiday Guide
* FREE Bedtime Shema App for Children - Now with Hebrew Mode!
* Kitzur Shulchan Aruch
* Siddur for iPhone
* Siddur HD for iPad
* Jewish Radio
Check out our other iPhone Apps http://www.rustybrick.com/iphone
Serves my needs perfectly
I was initially hesitant to buy a second Tikkun program for my iPad because it was so expensive. But the other one didn't really look like the scroll. I bought this yesterday to work on Ekev. I am really pleased with it. It looks reasonable like the scroll and if I turn my iPad vertically I can see just one version and switch back and forth with the trop and nekudot. I don't need the audio files. I like that you can make it bigger if you need to. My actual Tikkun is very heavy and hard for me to hold to practice with. This is so much easier. Especially with the apparent demise of the Tikkun on the ScrollScraper site (which also printed the nekudot often unclearly), I needed something I could have with me. So I recommend it. Yasher koach! If there were a way to make it change the line endings randomly when you open it each time (so you don't get too dependent on the layout) it would be perfect, but that is a lot to ask.
Excellent tikun app
I have been using this app for over a year. The text is clear even on a small iPhone 5 screen, though better on the iPad. The screens present half of a standard tikun column in the most common Torah layout. Portrait mode shows only the Torah or annotated image, while landscape gives you both, fine on the iPad though too small to use on the iPhone. The app shows the "shvah nah" and "kamatz kattan".
My only gripe is that switching between Torah text and annotated text in portrait mode takes 2 taps in exactly the right place-1 to show the menu, the second to switch images. I wish there were a single tap, as the app has for bookmarks. With that said, I use this all the time.
One feature short of 5 stars
App is great, but really needs a fast way to turn the taamim on and off. I think that a double-tap in the text would be a great fast way to go back and forth.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Oct 02, 2013
- Version: 1.3.5
- Size: 11.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: RustyBrick, Inc.
- © 2013 Rustybrick, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Parshas Bereshis Ashkenazis Recording$4.99
- Megillas Esther Ashkenazis Recording$7.99
- Parshat Bereshit Sephardic Recording$4.99
- Parshas Noach Ashkenazis Recording$4.99
- Parshas Ki Sisa Ashkenazis Recording$4.99
- Parshas Beshalach Ashkenazis Recording$4.99
- Parshas Lech Lecha Ashkenazis Recording$4.99
- Parshas Ki Seitzei Ashkenazis Recording$4.99
- Parshas Pinchas Ashkenazis Recording$4.99
- Parshas Chukas Ashkenazis Recording$4.99