A quick and easy time-lapse calculator with three modes. The default mode allows you to determine the shutter interval (time between shots) that is required to achieve a desired video clip length for a given recording duration.
The Time-lapse Calculator can also be set to calculate the necessary event duration (recording time) or target duration (video clip length) based on the other variables.
Most time-lapse utilities only allow you to enter the recording duration and shutter interval. Then they calculate the duration of the video clip that would result. That is rarely useful.
If you know how long you would like the final clip to be, your video frame rate, and how long you plan to continue capturing exposures to cover the event, then it is the shutter interval variable that you need to calculate. If you know what shutter interval you would like use and how long your video clip needs to be, it is the recording time that you need to calculate.
In addition to the intervalometer functions, the Time-lapse Calculator estimates the memory card storage capacity that will be required for RAW or high-quality JPG image files, based on the megapixel count of your camera.
• Calculate shutter interval, event duration (recording time), or target duration (video clip length)
• All standard NTSC, PAL, and film frame rates (FPS): 15, 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 48, 50, 59.94, 60, or 120
• Memory card data estimator
• Home screen quick actions using 3D Touch: Shutter Interval, Event Duration, or Target Duration mode
• Copy to Clipboard with one touch (inputs and results)
• Maximum event duration (recording time): 999 days
• Clean, intuitive interface is easy to use while offering features for professional photographers and videographers
• Universal app for iPhone and iPad
• Responsive layout optimized for all device sizes and models, from iPhone SE through iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X, and iPad mini up to iPad Pro
• Improved compatibility with iPhone X
• Enabled landscape and upside down modes for iPad
Ratings and Reviews
Does not work
I usually never by apps. This is maybe the second app in 5 years I have ever paid for. And guess what, it does not even work. Now that's disappointing!
The problem is that when I try and enter something in the information fields nothing happens. It will not allow me to enter anything. There is no response, nothing happens. So, I bit the bullet and paid, now I feel like they just stole my dollar.
Is there any support to get this working??
This sounds like a spam review, but thanks for the 5 stars?! If you are having legit concerns, we do list our support page in the description. Please be aware that you must use those big arrow buttons to set the fields, although direct input is on the list of features to be included in future versions.
Not bad but...
This app does what it is supposed to do. It has all the features you need and creates the information that is essential to making a good time lapse film. However, the arrow buttons used to input information such as seconds, minutes, and hours are too small and too close to the input display. When pushing these buttons, one cannot see the input display, so one has to constantly remove their finger to see the display. This can be very frustrating.
Granted, part of my motivation for writing a review is to contradict the obvious spam review. The app works great keeps my feeble mind from having to calculate so many zeros and decimal points and then wonder if I did it correctly. For the price it is well worth the ease of mind to know you got a legitimate calculation. Works well, works easy, works predictably. Nothing fancy just basic math.
Thanks for taking the time to contradict the spam review!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.