Time Ruler Free
By Yanjun Tao
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Time Ruler is a powerful programmable timer tool. Continuous notification sound in background. Multiple steps in timing task. Pausing and Repeating supported. Processing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Continuous notification sound in background. You can assign the play count of a notification sound.
- Multiple(4 at mosts in free version) steps of timing and notification: Very suitable for cooking, fitness, and other multi-process timing tasks. Notification sound for each finishing of steps.
- 3 methods to link up steps: You can set the start requirement of each step to define the link up method.
· Immediately: Start timing immediately after previous step finish.
· Manually: Pause timing after previous step finish, waiting for user pressing the continue button before start timing.
· Delay: Delay a specific time after previous step finish, then start timing. A start notification sound can be provided.
- Supporting for multiple tasks running simultaneously.
- Supporting for task pausing.
- Supporting for task repeating.
- Start at a given time.
- Custom notification message: A notification message can be provided for each step, that shown with the notification sound.
- Accurate to second: Timing and delay time can be accurate to second.
- Task title: Title of task can be specified and modified.
- No advertisment.
- Custom notification sound. You can record a voice as the notification sound.
- Supporting for 23 steps at most.
- Supporting for endless repeating.
- Group management: You can customize groups, and specify each task's belonging group.
- Make sure Time Ruler is available in Notification Center.
- The following features need iOS supporting for multitasking that should be able to run in background:
1. Continuous notification sound in background.
2. Repeating of timing task.
- Supporting for running in background will shorten battery life, you can choose to turn off this feature.
- A phone call, alarm, or iPod and some other audio apps will invalidate background running, you should launch Time Ruler again to resume it.
What's New in Version 1.1
Make a notification when background running is interrupted.
Great for pomodoro studying
After searching and downloading specific free pomodoro repeating timers & been disappointed, I found this one perfect for my needs.
Plays even in the background, there is a delay option in case you do another activity (like take a break) Categories can be set up for different timers. You can set a timer to go off immediately after another, at the start & the end.
I'm satisfied w/ the included sounds but I'm guessing some might want their own music to alarm, which I don't think is an option. But an interesting thing you can add is recording your own sound as an alarm, which I had not seen in a timer before.
This repeating timer is great, free, & easy to use! I think the max is 5 repeating timers, which is good enough for me. I would recommended it over all other free pomodoro apps.
I have to keep deleting and downloading
I like the polyphonic sounds and the ability to loop a timer, but if the timer is going in the background when the battery runs down on my iPod touch then after charging the iPod, the app will not come up. I have also tried resetting or rebooting the iPod and that did not work. The only solution has been to delete the app and reinstall. And of course, after reinstallation all of my timers have been lost and have to be recreated. Also, the timers cannot be started from the list page. You have to go into the individual timer to start it.
I often use this app to get the most out of each hour of the day. I break up each hour into sections and allow the timer to loop through the hours. But if I want to have my timers tomorrow, I have to stop it when the battery is a low. Out of my other 80+ apps, none of them do this, I wonder if this can be fixed. If it could be fixed I would upgrade to the pro version.
Covers All My Countdown Needs
I have a series of tasks I try to spend specific amounts of time on. This app is perfect for keeping track of each of them - I particularly enjoy the independent start/stops I can use to bounce between tasks. Thanks!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 09, 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 10.7 MB
- Languages: English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: YANJUN TAO
- © 2011 Tao Yanjun
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.