Time Travel eXplorer HD – London
By Time Travel Explorer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Time Traveller eXplorer - London HD lets you explore historical London as it was in the past.
Native iPad version of award winning iPhone app now available. See the maps in beautiful HD detail on the iPad screen. Use Time Travel mode to watch the landscape change.
This version includes four high resolution historical maps of London (1862, 1830, 1799 & 1746) as well as a modern map, over 750 points of interest, 150 audio guides and over 2000 old and new pictures.
The 1862 and modern maps are bundled with the app. Three further maps (1830, 1799, 1746) are included and can be displayed over the air. These maps may also be downloaded at no charge and stored within the app, removing the need for network coverage and associated data charges.
With TTX you can:
- follow your route on antique maps that show you the streets and buildings from centuries ago
- use GPS to show you what lies beneath the modern city and what has survived to the present day
- click on points of interest to get detailed information about your location
- get the highlights of London's history right where you need them.
- Understand the origins of the Tower of London, why Guy Fawkes had the last laugh blowing up the Houses of Parliament and many more that make the past come alive
- high-quality digitised images of four important historical maps*
- 750 points of interest with full descriptions
- 2000 photos including life in London over 100 years ago
- 150 audio guides
- expert tour information from a qualified Blue Badge guide
- seamless transfer from one era to another - travel through time!
Update: iPhone App of the Week for 8th October 2010
Update: Featured in What's Hot in UK app store
Update: Top Ten Travel app
What's New in Version 2.2.4
Update new map
Time Traveler Explorer - maybe the best ap ever
This is an amazing ap, whether walking around in London or trawling through it from another country, or tracking historical action as you read. Anyone who's dying to know where London villages began and ended, what nuns' gardens were in in the middle of what's now a traffic jam, whose farm gave name to the not-so-rural Farm Lane in the middle of Fulham Broadway, where old dueling grounds were, which modern roads are the routes of old coaching roads (or the closest hard surface by the river between the Isle of Dogs and the City that could be engineered into one of the famously straight Roman roads for the Pretorian Guard) should buy this engrossing and addictive ap.
This busy and layered ap does crash from time to time, but there's an easy and instant fix. Delete it on your device, then reinstall it. It will remember that you already own it, and will reload perfectly. At some point it will crash again. Just quickly reboot. You lose nothing and it will work perfectly again.
App doesn't work!
Just wasted $12 on an app that does not work! Keeps crashing every time I try to launch the app. Have not been able to use the app even once! Can I get a refund please?
Revised 6/3/16: still doesn't work. Why is this app still in the store?
Opens, says core data missing, tap to install, I tap, it says it's installed—quit and reopen—I do, and it repeats the same loop, endlessly. Sad.
AND THE DEVELOPER DOESN’T RESPOND.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Apr 14, 2012
- Version: 2.2.4
- Size: 14.5 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Visick Solutions Limited
- © 2010 Visick Solutions Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- London 1682$2.99