Timeglass timer & stopwatch
By Cosmic Teapot
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Timeglass has everything you need to time exercise, study, cooking, and your other daily routines. Timeglass gives you:
● Many timers, side by side - Create reusable timers and run them side by side. Maybe you want to do a workout while timing a roast in the oven. No problem! Timeglass has you covered.
● Multi-stepped timers - Timers can have multiple steps, where each step has its own duration. This is great for workout routines and cooking.
● Spoken timers - Want to know what's up next without looking at your phone? Timeglass will talk you through your stepped timers so you can stay focused on whatever you're doing.
● Timer widget - Start and view your timers from any widget screen, or from 3D Touching the app icon. You can even use this to see your timers while your phone is locked.
● Pre-built timers - A library of forty timers to choose from, covering fitness, home & lifestyle, productivity, relaxation, and cooking.
● Lots more awesome stuff - Like stopwatches, repeating alerts, beautiful tones & icons for your timers, plus five themes to choose from.
What's New in Version 1.1.7
Hi all! This is a bugfix and performance release that should improve notifications, as well as the widget presentation.
A wonderful tool
I am thankful I stumbled across this early in my search. The latest update improved it so that it meets my needs very well. I use it to learn how much time common activities typically take up, to improve on those times and know what is realistic, to keep me focused on the task at hand and next so I can stick to a schedule. I’m not actually ADHD or any other applicable diagnosis, but I wonder if it might not be useful for those who understandably struggle with time management. I just need a little extra help in the morning when I’m so groggy and I need to get on the road on time to beat the traffic.
To sum up, this app seems very flexible and a pleasure to use. I highly recommend it.
UPDATE: still love it! Uses: Tabata/HIIT, students, widget on Home Screen.
Using for multiple students in different programs all at once. I set a timer for each of them; some timers repeat so the student can learn how to break up thirty minutes during a test. The voice speaks their name and time left as each timer ticks down. It keeps me on top of each student's time.
Also using it for my stretching; created a 10 step timer easily copying the first step, so I don't have to keep count.
The alarm choices are nice (length choices, too) and I can choose an icon from so many options.
The widget makes it all easy to control when using it.
Nice intuitive design overall with two issues. First, more serious, is that notifications stop working and then start working again unpredictably. This is especially true for spoken notifications and makes the app unreliable for critical use. Whether or not it’s an app or iOS issue doesn’t matter to the end user. Second issue is a wish rather than a problem, a watch app would be great.