Timeline Eons, a graphic representation of the entire natural and human history.
"Simply amazing... I said it all."
"Such a novel idea!"
"This is an awesome app. One of the best I have used."
The Appys' September App of the Month.
• Scrollable timeline thousands of times longer than the Earth's circumference.
• Editable time range that can span trillions of years into both the past and the future.
• Zoomable timeline that can display dates and times down to a fraction of a second.
• Extensive and wide-ranging events, from the Big Bang to historical events and future projections.
• Concise and fun facts with links to additional external resources.
• Includes Natural History, World History, U.S. History, Science & Technology, Art & Architecture, and Sports.
• Self-contained app with RSS updates to automatically receive new events.
• Events belong to categories that can be turned on or off to display a timeline with any number of category combinations.
• Supports multiple timelines, editable backgrounds, resizable text, etc.
• Simple yet powerful user interface that includes scrolling, zooming, indexes, and bookmarks.
• Optional Today in History to discover what happened on the current calendar day.
• The free version (Timeline Eons LITE) allows adding 3 trial events.
• Runs on the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
• Timeline Eons offers a comprehensive view of both the natural and human history.
• Events are displayed in a large context, revealing and clarifying important historical connections.
• New and fun facts that open the door for exploration.
• Timeline Eons has been identified as a great STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) app for kids by the Data Science Degree Programs Guide.
- Updated content.
Ratings and Reviews
Cons and Pros
Timeline Eon Free
Was disappointed I could not add or edit my own events. Came back to the App store to see if I might have overlooked something. I did! I overlooked the rather obtuse way in which the developer tells you the full functionality is not there by telling you instead that "The Full Version includes...". A little sneaky, but the info was there so my fault for not reading it more carefully. That being said...
I would suggest to the developer (1) tell interested parties the reason the app is free is because of the advertising piggy-backed in it and whether this advertising will GO AWAY if I buy the Full app for $4.99; (2) change the language describing this Free version to be more straight forward about what it does and does not include; and (3) that a user be allocated 1-5 new events on the free version in order to truly preview the full functionality before committing to the $4.99 investment. FYI, most free or lite apps do this. Until now, I've never run across an app that didn't do this--and I have a ton of apps. If I have a choice to try out an app in the Lite version before buying, I always do.
Other than that, the app is nicely laid out and being a history buff, including family history, I will seriously consider moving ahead with the Full app.
Thanks for the opportunity to provide some feedback.
Would probably be great if I could read it
I have the same problem on my iPad as another reviewer -- if I position my iPad horizontially, the display is suitable for portrait, if I move the iPad to portrait, the display goes to horizontal. I have only the free version, so maybe that's part of the problem.
Update: I wrote the above earlier today. Now the app is displaying correctly. I have no idea what changed, or if I did something differently, but as of now, for me, this is a 5-star app.
This is fantastic especially for a free app! Using it is completely intuitive and the brief history notes have links to relevant Web information such as Wikipedia articles. It's fun to use and a nice learning tool for "history" from the Big Bang to right now. Liked it so much I got the paid version.
- Jarir Maani
- 251.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Copyright © 2011, Maani.us
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.