By Urban Anomaly
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Timeline: Minimalist Project Management is a tool for professionals, entrepreneurs and ordinary people that want to plan, manage and report on projects from their iPad. If you work on projects, programs or events, Timeline can help you deliver by managing the scope, schedule and budget with style and simplicity.
Keep your clients and stakeholders happy by providing consistent, updated information. Although designed for simplicity, Timeline is a robust information system with important technical features. But it does not introduce unnecessary clutter, endless data entry fields, and unreadable graphics produced by standard, more expensive project management systems. It is the perfect combination of detail and simplicity.
TIMELINE IN ACTION
• Create and send proposals for potential projects.
• Track expenditures vs planned budgets and completion progress.
• Provide project updates and status reports to clients and stakeholders with very little effort.
• Graphically communicate the phases and activities of a project with a stylish bar chart.
• Quickly analyze project details with summary budget and schedule tables.
TIMELINE PAYS FOR ITSELF AFTER JUST ONE USE
If one use of Timeline saves 30 minutes of graphic artist time at $50 per hour, and 30 minutes of engineering staff time at $100 per hour, it will have paid for the cost of the download ten times over. There is no subscription so the value will keep multiplying every time you use it. Compared to the value of your project, there is hardly any risk in giving it a try.
• Multiple formatted, customizable reports that can be sent as PDF documents.
• DropBox functionality to back up data and share between devices.
• Custom field names, currencies, and other information to meet the specific needs of your project.
• Activities or sub-components arranged and adjusted with an interface designed for touch.
• Stylish, customizable touch-drag bar charts.
• Simple dashboard monitoring of spending and completion progress.
• Optional Earned Value calculations to track relative progress.
• Linking of activities to the other activities (F-S relationships).
What's New in Version 1.2
Optimized for iOS7, minor bug fixes.
Very good, but still hoping for a few improvements...
Just got this app and have really been enjoying playing around with it, especially at $2.99 - there is really great value here. It has a simple, attractive interface and appearance as well as some very nice planning tools.
A couple things I wish you would add/fix are:
1. There seems to be a glitch when editing the 'Reference' field (on my iPad).
2. Add the ability to edit date ranges in Timeline view, within an activity's appearance window.
3. When editing dates if the start date is changed to a date after the end date, rather than display an error message, have the end date automatically change to the following day (or month).
4. Add some more robust appearance and display options, maybe take some pages from QuickPlan Pro...it seems that with a bit of polishing you could raise your price to $5-7 and still offer hands down the best value in Gantt-style planning on iOS.
That's what I've come up with at first blush with the app, but I'll certainly share if I think of any more suggestions for you fine devs. Here's hoping VOC finds an ear (eye) at Urban Anomaly...this app could have an exciting future if improvements like these are made. Cheers.
Colors are dull, there appears to be some attempt to impose the designers color scheme- which apparently exists in some neutral hued post y2k vacuum. The app itself lacks the ability to work with you and each step is from square one. The dates/days function is also over simplified, as if the project will take place in a world where there are no weekends... Overall, it could be way better. Give me some blue tones and weekends and maybe we can get three stars.
Interface is Jumpy
Seems like a decent app except I can't actually fill in any of the per-item fields. When I attempt to edit the fields, the app switches to keyboard mode then immediately exits the mode when I type a single character. None of my other apps have this issue, so I have to presume it is this app. It isn't usable with this bug. If I could return the app I would.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 30, 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 10.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Urban Anomaly
- © 2012 Urban Anomaly, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.