Timelines - Time Tracking
By Lukas Petr
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Time is the most precious resource that we have in our lives. The way you decide to spend your time has a paramount effect on your life.
I personally wasn't happy about the way I was spending my time, so I decided to build a tool to help myself and others figure out a way to become more efficient. Timelines has been enabling me and other users understand where our time is actually going, helping us improve our routines and achieve more in our lives. I sincerely believe it can do the same for you.
– Lukas Petr, independent developer of Timelines
Timelines has been featured by Apple in New Apps We Love section, and highlighted on Product Hunt, 9To5Mac, MacStories, WatchAware and AppAdvice.
The steps: 1. Track your time, 2. See where it goes, 3. Improve your routine, 4. Repeat
The main features of Timelines
• Onboarding – Initial sequence and popovers will guide you through the process of getting set up.
• Track any activity – You can create a 'timeline' for anything you want. Just type a name, pick a color and you're ready to start tracking it.
• Quick time tracking – You can start and stop timers with just 1 tap.
• Today widget – Save yourself time by starting timers directly from the lock screen. Just swipe left and tap to start a specific timer.
• Interactive timeline – See the big picture of weeks and months or the nitty gritty details of specific days.
• Statistics – See where your time goes on a pie chart. Quickly change interval by scrolling on the timeline.
• Reminders – Help yourself get into the habit of using timers. Get notified to start/stop timers after a certain time of activity/inactivity. You can also act on reminders directly in the notification, or mute them for the rest of the day.
• Exporting to file – Export to highly visual PDF which is ready to be printed, or CSV which is perfect for further processing.
• Prompting – If you want more detailed records, you can assign names to each tracked event.
• Simultaneous timers – If you go all in on time tracking, there can be situations when you need to track two things at once. For example: listening to podcasts while cooking dinner.
• Untracked time in Statistics – If you decide to track most of what you're doing, with this option you can see how much time is unaccounted for.
• Color-based approach – You can assign specific color to each activity, which makes visualizations easy to grasp.
• Set start of the week – Sunday, Monday or any other day.
• Archive old timelines – Keep your list of activities current and relevant by archiving old timelines.
• Change Time format – Choose from hours and minutes, hours decimal; or days, hours and minutes.
• App badge - Timelines icon on your home screen can show a red badge when a time tracking is active.
• Filter projects visible on the timeline to drill down on specific ones or see them all at once.
Apple Watch app
With Timelines for Apple Watch, you can quickly start and stop timers directly on your wrist.
• Complication – Launch the watch app quickly and see timer progress directly on your watch face.
• Haptic feedback – Helps you build up the habit of using timers on the watch.
• Set event names using dictation, or choose from recent ones.
• Change start time and end time of timers with the digital crown.
Timelines is for freelancers, students, business owners and simply anyone with flexible schedule who is highly motivated and eager to get more out of her own time.
Make today the day you start taking control of your time. After downloading Timelines, you'll get set up in just a few minutes. And after a couple of days of tracking, you will already start uncovering some useful learnings about your time management.
I love building Timelines, and a big part of my vision is to listen closely to users and incorporate their feedback. If you have any questions or suggestions, please reach out to me at
– Lukas Petr, Independent developer of Timelines
What's New in Version 1.4.1
Update 1.4 is packed with several new features and tons of improvements.
• New Apple Watch app
- Change start & end times of events
- Add notes
- Ability to discard tracking
- Fix: timelines list not appearing
- Fix: highlighting of timelines
• Compact Today widget
Many of you requested it, and now it's here! All your timelines should now fit comfortably into the available space.
The widget also respects event prompting settings, and you can tap&hold to edit a timer.
• Untracked time in Statistics
If you track most of your daily time, this enables you to clearly see the time that's unaccounted for.
• New onboarding
• Several optimizations
• Many other improvements
I really hope you will enjoy this update. If you do, please consider leaving a review on the App Store (or re-submitting your previous one). It really helps!
Great app, improvements in the works
So far, this is the only application that I've used that allows me to quickly set and keep track of items, easily view all of my data, and in general not get in the way of me using the main features. A lot of the way the app works is intuitive for me and makes sense after only about a minute or so. Really well designed application.
I've also spoken with the developer about feature requests and bugs that I found and he has responded quickly and nicely. Really look forward to using this app for a long time to come.
I'm finally on time!
This app has helped me stay on time more than any other method I've tried. I am chronically optimistic with how long anything should take; however, I can now see how long routine tasks always take, so I can plan much better in the present for how long future tasks will most likely take.
I love the visuals and the Apple Watch support! Keep up the great work! 👍
Update (1.4.1): This new update continues to improve on an already great app. I'm really enjoying the quick naming and time adjusting features on the Apple Watch. The developer listens to feedback and responds promptly to email.
Timelines is an amazingly beautiful and intuitive app that helps me track my time when working on projects or even my book reading and TED talk watching times. It's very easy to use and visualizes the collected data in a meaningful way that gives me a realistic view of how I'm spending my time and also helps me stay motivated.
The app creators are also very supportive and open to new ideas. I'm happy with the money that I've spent on the app and will keep using it.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 23, 2017
- Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 10.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Lukas Petr
- © 2016 Glimsoft
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (6th generation).