By Marian Raafat
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Timer Boom is a countdown timer can do many tasks
Do you want to
• Sleep while listening to your iTunes music then shutdown automatically after a certain time
• sleep your mac automatically after a certain time
• Remember to take a break after hours of hard work
• Countdown the seconds while playing seconds game with your friends
• Remember something in the kitchen
• Adjust hours, minutes, seconds
• Choose the action when the timer is done
• Option to hear the seconds 10,9,8,...,0
• Option to show or hide the bomb
Feel free to rate
Thank you for your support!
What's New in Version 1.0.1
• Provide an option to show the bomb always on top that will help you track the time while you are working.
• Minor bug fix
Whimsical, simple, practical
I have been looking for a (free) simple timer for Mac for years and years. My workload is so immense and scattered, with so many clients, it is best approached in hour-long chunks. Many lackluster products have come and gone from my desktop. This ap's combination of fun graphics and the feature that allows various behaviors when the time is up--notably starting or stopping iTunes--has made it a surprise champion among the other underachieving products in my personal timer championship. If they were to improve it, I'd suggest making it possible to set a time (30 minutes) without clicking 30 times.
That said, this product's minimal features are a bit of a virtue. I don't waste too much time trying to fine-tune the preferences, as it has only three.
Missing basic features
Everytime you want to set a timer youi need to click on the arrows intead of allowing manual input (for 30 min, its 30 clicks!!!). And every time it goes to zero it doesnt remember the set period and you need to re-enter. My intention was to use for 30 minutes interval on my work acitivities, but it is impractical in current version (or too annoying).
The other feature, would be the ability to reduce the size of the timer. Why did you make it so big?
Was I supposed to read some instructions?
Left my iphone at home so needed a timer as I put my sodas in the freezer at work. Set it for 30 minutes, saw it counting down, when on with my business. FIVE HOURS LATER, it alerts that the time has run out. Should I have read some instructions somewhere? Now I have to clean out the work freezer. Not exactly the time BOOM I was looking for.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 21, 2012
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 2.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Marian Raafat
- © 2012 Mighty Appy - Marian Raafat. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor