TimeScroller - Time Zone Utility
By Terry Brett
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TimeScroller is a multi time zone clock and meeting planner, and allows you to very quickly find a suitable time for an overseas phone call or conference.
Initially, the current times for your chosen cities are shown, with color coded icons quickly showing if now is a good time to call. If not, a drag on the "TimeScroller" button will rapidly advance the times to find a more suitable time later in the day.
Alternatively, select the cities you wish to communicate between, then tap the "Suggest Time" button for TimeScroller to automatically suggest a time. The display will also update showing just those cities, making the choice of a time even easier.
Then once you've chosen a time, a tap on a button create a reminder, a calendar event, or automatically draft an email for you including the times for the proposed call.
* Visually simple, compact display
* Takes into account daylight saving rules where applicable
* Configurable to show different colors for different times of the day - for example "green" for normal office hours, "amber" for the evening, etc
* Suggest time feature
* TimeScroller does not require an internet connection
* Built in database includes 20,000+ cities
* Information page for city includes the date and time of next daylight savings change as well as sunrise and sunset times
What's New in Version 2.7
- Updated for iOS7
- Now uses the whole of the 4” screen on iPhone 5
- Brand new rules editor
- Can now create a reminder, as well as creating a calendar event, for a particular time
- New info mode which shows daylight savings change dates and sunrise / sunset times
- Various user interface changes
iCloud and iPad support coming shortly. Many thanks to Allison Sheridan at www.podfeet.com for continued encouragement.
One of the best.
If you schedule things across multiple time zones, just buy this app. It will save you time and let you get a better night's sleep.
I've tried many different clock apps on my iPhone. One of them showed me a nice chart of sunrise and sunset - helpful but I needed to squint to see the times and then compose an email to everybody to tell them what time we should have a call.
This app is direct and to the point. It shows you what you need to know, no more, no less.
The email feature is great. I will be using it this week, since I'm expecting a conference call between Quebec, California, Norway and India. The math gets tedious. The fact that emails show the calendar date instead of 'Today' is nice attention to detail.
If you think this app is too expensive : don't buy it. You don't need it. If you do need it, it's worth every penny. If this app lets you get an extra hour of sleep by letting you schedule calls better, it's worth more than a few dollars.
The best world clock !!
This is still the best world clock. Very easy to use, excellent user interface and so easy to arrange virtual meetings across multiple time zones. I've been using this app since it was introduced and been waiting for the new version to take advantage of iPhone 5 longer screen and very happy to see this much waited update. After many years, this is still the best time management application.
Simple, easy, it just works
The simple interface makes this the most usable time zone app in my experience. The scroller makes figuring out meeting times for global conference calls a snap. I hope the developer continues to support and upgrade this app. Great job!