TimeScroller - Time Zone Utility
By Terry Brett
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TimeScroller is a multi time zone clock and meeting planner, and allows you to very quickly find a suitable time for an overseas phone call or conference.
Initially, the current times for your chosen cities are shown, with color coded icons quickly showing if now is a good time to call. If not, a drag on the "TimeScroller" button will rapidly advance the times to find a more suitable time later in the day.
Alternatively, select the cities you wish to communicate between, then tap the "Suggest Time" button for TimeScroller to automatically suggest a time. The display will also update showing just those cities, making the choice of a time even easier.
Then once you've chosen a time, a tap on a button can set an alarm, create a calendar event, or automatically draft an email for you including the times for the proposed call. (Alarms and calendar events require iOS 4 or later.)
TimeScroller has evolved from the popular OSX Widget of the same name which was chosen as Macworld Magazine's Widget of the Month in December 2007
* Visually simple, compact display shows up to 9 cities without the need to scroll.
* Takes into account daylight saving rules where applicable.
* Configurable to show different colors for different times of the day - for example "green" for normal office hours, "amber" for the evening, etc.
* Suggest time feature.
* TimeScroller does not require an internet connection.
* Built in database includes 20,000 cities.
* Information page for city includes the date and time of next daylight savings change.
What's New in Version 2.06
* Fixed issue with iOS 5 when creating a calendar event.
* Ability to set an alarm for a chosen time (requires iOS 4).
* Various interface improvements.
* Some built in city database changes.
If you do business across different time zones, this app is invaluable. You simply put in the two, three, however many time zones you want and the app will automatically find the best conference time. Easy to use, very productive, and just an amazing app in general. This app deserves every bit of the five stars....
Exactly what I needed to see what time it is there, in relation to here.
I have clients all over the world. Scheduling a meeting gets to be confusing.
Even just having a way to quickly find out what time it is for someone who's called me is helpful.
This app is just what I needed, and I'm very glad I bought it.
I've recommended this app to all my co-workers to schedule work and meetings across time zones. Great navigation and customizable display options. Responsive support too.