TimeSheet by Zed
By Zed Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The smarter and simpler way to track billable and non billable time – works seamlessly with QuickBooks Online, Xero and MYOB.
Simple startup interview gets you connected you can upload your customer, service items and class lists and start tracking your billable and non billable hours immediately. With a few clicks your timesheets can be imported directly back for quicker and more accurate billing and payroll.
You can also create invoices for billable hours and materials and enter payments received from customers. Whilst the iCloud Sync feature means you can use it on all your devices
Why time tracking is better with Zed
:: Peace of mind ::
It's easy to record and send timesheets so you are less likely to forget to enter billable hours for jobs that are away from the office. With a few clicks your timesheets can be synced leading to faster billing, and a more accurate picture of what jobs are making you money and which are costing you money.
:: Saves you time ::
Because Timesheets works with QuickBooks you no longer have to re-key data, saving you time and making it easier to track both billable and non billable hours. Enter your time only once into your iPhone or iPad, then send it via email to be imported into QuickBooks or MYOB to produce pay checks and invoices.
:: Bill more ::
You can create invoices on the app from billable time you enter and materials so you are less likely to forget to bill for item, and send an invoice from the app means you get paid quicker.
List of features:
- Timer feature that you can pause to take a break and then resume
- Create time entries from your iPhone or iPad calendar activities.
- Sync your time, invoices and lists with your favourite accounting application includes QuickBooks Online, Xero and MYOB
- Group time entries by week and see running totals by week
- Option to enter time increments of 15, 6 or 1 minutes
- Print a timesheet via Airprint
- Customer center to see a summary of billable and non billable time spent by job
- Create invoices from billable time and materials then print, email, sms or Airdrop to the customer
- Attach a photo to invoices
- Enter payments received from customers to keep track of outstanding invoices
- Email timesheets to import into QuickBooks, MYOB or Excel
- Supports your local currency symbols and tax rates (US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand & Ireland)
- iCloud Sync works so you data is available across all your devices
:: Subscribe to Sync
- Sync with QuickBook Online, Xero or MYOB (the first month is free then $4.99 monthly or $49.99 annually).
- Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account and auto-renew unless turned off 24 hours prior. To turn of auto-renew go to Account settings and select the option to cancel.
:: System requirements ::
- Sync requires and account with QuickBooks Online, Xero of MYOB Live Accounts
- IIF Sync requires QuickBooks Pro or above (Windows desktop only)
What's New in Version 2.4.2
In this update we made the following improvements:
- Manage your data with backup and restore features
- Added support for multi tasking on iPad
- Enhancements to run on larger iPhone 6S
- Added 3D Touch features to app icon
And many other smaller bugs and issues you reported have been fixed.
What is not to love? Updates, that's what.
I have been using for only 5 days, but pretty sure I will not be going back to paper timecards! This works like a dream. Could not get info entered in the app to download to Intuit's QuickBooks without downloading the .iif of QB timer files, but once that was (figured out and) done, app has worked really well. Using on iphone 5s means the notes for each service call can be spoken, rather than typed. The customer selection & service type as well as the timing & whether not the entry is billable is entered by selecting, not the mic. Looks like invoicing can be done directly from the app, if you don't use MYOB or QB, or want a text or PDF version of the timecard. I haven't tried this. Also, customer & service can be entered on the fly, if not in existing database. I haven't tried this yet, and not sure how importing the info to QB will behave, if not entered prior to the import. I will update this once I find out. So far, LOVE it.
Worked great at first, then wiped out all my data that I needed to sync with QBO. When I tried to restore nothing happens. I contacted support but never received a reply.
Absolutely the best unless it messes up
The app is really great when it works. When upgrades are issued you should not install them unless you are ready to purge all of your data and start over from scratch (see end of review).
I bill using start and stop times and round to the quarter hour. Those options are easily configured and importing customers and items from the IIF file makes it a breeze to use. The first time you sync, you will need to put in your employee name exactly as it is listed in QuickBooks. If you add new customers directly into the app they also need to be spelled exactly matching QuickBooks. I really like that after importing you can delete any item codes or inactive customers from the list so you only see what you need.
Be prepared to do a test run to figure things out then purge and start over from scratch once you are familiar (unless everything is working perfectly then by all means just continue on).
I highly recommend syncing your data at least every week. If you are using QuickBooks desktop do not touch the setting regarding QuickBooks online or it will corrupt your settings and you will not be able to sync.
**if you cannot sync but your time entries are still in the app, there is a way to get your full details out. Backup the DB, go into iTunes and copy the backup folder to your computer. Download "SQLite database browser", and export the vwTimeEntries table to CSV, (use ; as delimiter). Then this can be cleaned up in Excel.
Full wipe to upgrade - the built in purge feature under "manage database" works, although there is also a full manual purge that is potentially safer. export everything, backup the DB, use iTunes to access the backed up files and move them to your computer, then delete the app from your phone, then go into the iCloud settings and delete the app data from iCloud. Then install the latest version from the App Store and reconfigure. Annoying but it works.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Business
- Updated: Apr 20, 2016
- Version: 2.4.2
- Size: 8.6 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, German
- Seller: Zed Systems
- © Zed Systems 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Data sync$4.99
- Data sync$49.99