Travel back in time to the golden age of the Maya with 'TimeTours: Chichén Itzá'. Discover one of the new seven wonders and world heritage LIKE YOU’VE NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE.
theJOURNAL.com: TimeTours used in Cambridge Friends School iPad pilot program - 'TimeTours: Chichén Itzá is a good example of the iPad's interactive nature.' - EDUCATIONAL DISCOUNTS APPLY!
TimeTours is not just a typical guidebook. Instead, this virtual trip through time brings the past back to life using modern 3D reconstructions. The Now & Then time windows let you experience what the city looked like when ball games and human sacrifices were performed here. The new 'Now & Then & …' bring the time of the rediscovery alive.
The huge 360° panorama views put you right into several important locations of ancient Chichen Itza using the built-in compass feature.
TimeTours is the perfect travel guide on location to get the most out of your visit. If you think old stones alone are a little „dry“, use the treasure hunt and minigames as an entertaining diversion.
Use TimeTours at home or in your hotel and browse through a wealth information and media while listening to Mayan rhythms. The music was created by David Kneupper, the composer for a popular Maya Jump&Run game.
TimeTours: Chichen Itza is -universal- (offering iPhone 4 Retina resolution) - once bought it can be installed on all devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod) and the technical features of each are used.
- Lots of infoscreens with image galleries and animations of every temple and structure
- 15 Now&Then time windows
- *New* Now & Then & ...
- Soundtrack with spanish and maya rythms
- 3 huge panoramas that put you right into the ancient city
- Treasure hunt (play on location or at home) using GPS and hidden object.
- *New* Maya Quiz and Maya Memory / GameCenter support, lots of achievements
- Two „time travel tour guides“ help you with all features of the App
- Additional information on how to get there and where to stay
- *New* Chichen Itza News
TimeTours is an ongoing project and will be updated with the latest findings and excavations.
- repair views
Ratings and Reviews
as good as a 750 peso guide
I just returned from chichen Itza and used this app as my guide. It was extremely accurate and had some facts that the paid guides don't mention. I also stayed at the hacienda chichen and the pictures and information were all accurate. I planned this trip independent of knowing about this app. Ultimately, this app is as good as a tour guide.
All that could be done to improve the app is more information and photos.
Completely worth the price.
Wow...very original app!
It's been several years since I visited Chichen Itza and I'm ready to go back after using this app. It provides a very informative virtual walk thru of this historical site, including very creative graphics with many "now and then" comparisons.
I like it
I purchased their other app Uxmal and really liked it. This one is just as good of quality and is very interesting. It costs less too.
- Martin Gruhn
- 209.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- English, German, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Martin Gruhn & Bernfried Eisenblätter & Mathias Kohlschmidt
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.