By Exploding Orange
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
TimeWorks displays your calendar events in a window, on your Desktop or over your screen saver.
The aim is to display a user's iCal and other Calendar Events in a pleasing, compelling and useful fashion, as boxes which dynamically move towards a finish line. Set a lookahead time horizon and events appear on the display and move across the window or desktop towards "now". How far into the future an event is can be immediately seen by how far it is from the line.
The display can be in a window, on the desktop or over the screen saver. All events automatically update and synchronise with the system so no user intervention is required.
TimeWorks was originally called iCalViewer. As such, it is the original app for viewing calendar events outside iCal. For more than seven years, it has been displaying events in windows and on Mac Desktops all over the world. Now TimeWorks comes to the Mac App store, ready to deliver events to your Desktop.
Note that there is a situation where TimeWorks will not respond to changes in events:
- If you have updated MobileMe to the new calendar system
- If the events are in a calendar on MobileMe
- If you are not running iCal on the computer running TimeWorks
Workarounds are to run iCal periodically or continually, or to not use calendars on MobileMe, or not update your Calendars on MobileMe.
This problem is not limited to TimeWorks: other calendaring applications are in the same situation. Please check with them first if this is a problem for you. It is due to MobileMe's new use of CalDAV calendaring which is not properly supported via the Apple-supplied API's.
** Exploding Orange is currently working on finding a solution.
(This will be updated when more information is available.)
* Displays in a Window, on the Desktop, or over the screen saver.
* Exposé HotKey support brings the display quickly into view.
* Can be set to only show on pressing the hotkey.
* Double-clicking through to iCal (currently disabled in the Desktop view).
* Runs in 64 and 32 bit modes.
* Runs on any attached screen.
"Your core [TimeWorks] idea is so good, so useful and so well done that it is stands alone and is an essential part of my daily life and business organization and planning. I'd DIE if I didn't have your program."
What's New in Version 1.2.12
Compatibility with Mac OS X 10.11, El Capitan
Why I use a Mac
This program along with a handful of others is why I use OS X. The developer is also very responsive if you have issues.
Works with El Capitan
So far so good running OSX 10.11. I only use apple calendar and reminders apps which may be why it runs so smooth. Does all of the cool things it says it does. It is customizable as well which is good because the default layout isn’t my taste. I changed up the colors, opacity, and the time projection to my liking. The only thing I would like is to get rid of the icon in the sidebar and turn it in to more of a background app. Happy I bought this app.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 02, 2015
- Version: 1.2.12
- Size: 2.2 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Exploding Orange
- © 2003-2015 Exploding Orange
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor