Timing Trainer is an interactive, user-friendly app that helps you improve your rhythmical skills. Just choose your favourite tempo and measures and begin to practice right away. Perfectly suited for music lessons, this app is created by musicians for musicians - so you can be sure that it fulfills your needs! ;)
How it works:
1. choose tempo and adjust the volume of the 1's
2. create the profile of your choice (sixteenth notes, eighth notes, quarter notes, dotted notes, rests, triplets ...)
3. choose any measure for each section
4. Practice Mode: just tap play and begin to jam! - can you stay on the beat even if there's a rest for 2 bars?
5. Tap Mode: take your previously created profile and choose for each section what you want to tap. Then tap these notes and get an evaluation of how well you did.
You're also free to use it as a simple, EXACT metronome without having to practice anything.
- create your individual profiles fulfilling your personal practice hours using sixteenth-, eighth-, quarter-, half- and whole notes including whole rests and triplets
- use dotted notes and offbeats and adjust the tempo
- choose any measure for each section, either predefined ones like 3/4, 4/4, 5/8 or your own measures like 15/16
- adjust the volume of the indication for the 1's in every bar
- loop your setting until you hit "stop" for endless practice sessions
- use the great tap evaluation mode to see how precice your timing is
- save your profiles so you can reuse them anytime
- choose between 3 different click sounds
* various updates for iOS 10 and support for all current devices
* complete user interface redesign
* you can now also setup a tap sound so that you can immediately hear what you tap
Ratings and Reviews
14 16 time signature? This one!
Honestly, I have music in 14/16, four dotted eighths followed by one eighth. This app will do that, easily. Yee-hah! (I haven't explored other functions much)
Need a kick off function
Needs kick off function that only plays a few beats to start and then does not repeat when song is looped. This way you can play the song your practicing over and over without having to stop for the kickoff every every time the song is looped. .....I think I just now redunteded.
This app hasn't crashed on me and does everything it claims to do. It took me a long time to decide to upgrade from the lite version and I wish I would have done it a lot sooner. The tapping feature is awesome and well worth the extra $. I can work on being a better time keeper ANYWHERE and get feedback on my weak areas. 👍👍👍
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.