Timmy's Kindergarten Adventure - Cool Math, Sight Words and Educational Games for Kids
By Tantrum Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
On Sale For a Limited Time: 50% off!
There's never been an educational game like this before. Kids of all ages will enjoy learning basic skills by guiding their player on a kindergarten adventure!
Created in partnership with a teacher, Timmy's Kindergarten Adventure focuses on the basic skills learned in Kindergarten:
Basic Math, Sight Words, Spelling, Telling Time, Counting Money, Color Mixing and more.
What People Are Saying
"Since buying this App a few days ago, it's all my 5 year old has asked for. He has played it every day, and hasn't asked for any of his favorite non-educational games at all"
5 different challenges with varying difficulty to practice skills
• Math Birds - Pesky birds keep taking your fruit. Learn subtraction by figuring out how many fruits are left.
• Clock Waterfall - There's a waterfall in your path. Find the log with the correct time to block the water get across the pond.
• Word Mountain - How do you get over the gaps in the mountain? Touch the correct Dolch sight word to jump!
• Math Bridge - Crossing a bridge can be tough when there's rocks weighing down one side. Figure out how many rocks are needed to balance it out with basic addition skills.
• Word Maze - This corn maze is tricky but if you can identify the object that starts with the letter spoken, you'll make it through.
We automatically adjust the difficulty of each challenge as your child improves and reward them with a special 10c coin for "leveling up".
7 school activities to help enrich your child's creativity
(unlock new activities each time you reach the school)
• Monday: Painting and color mixing - four sized brushes can be used to paint pictures. Mix the 5 basic colors (red, blue, yellow, black, white) to create new colors to paint with.
• Tuesday: Piano - there's a baby piano you can play. As you touch the keys, the notes are displayed on the sheet music above.
• Wednesday: Learn to draw - trace the outlines step by step to learn how to draw. When you're done tracing, you can paint your creations.
• Thursday: Remix - touch any of the buttons to turn on the music. Mix and match different buttons to create your own songs
• Friday: Collage - create beautiful collages with different papers, shapes and stickers
• Saturday: Bubbles - take a trip to the bubble geysers and have fun popping them. Look out for coins hidden in the bubbles!
• Sunday: Bike race - jump on a bike and ride down the trail. Tilt your device to control the player as they go through puddles and markers
What is the game like? What can I expect?
- The game starts outside Timmy's house. Tap on the School sign when you're ready to start.
- Timmy will need to complete 3 challenges on his way to school. Each time you start the game it will pick up from the level you last completed
- At the end of each challenge, you'll win a coin. If you make no mistakes, you get two coins. These coins can be used to purchase mini games back at home.
- Once Timmy reaches the school, tap on the calendar day to select the activity you'd like to play. If you've already unlocked today's activity, you'll win a key to unlock another activity. Reach the school 7 times to unlock them all!
• Multi user support for classrooms and families with multiple kids
Do you have feedback?
We love seeing your reviews, but if you have a complaint or feature request, please let us know directly. There's no way for us to write you back if you leave a review. We want to make our games better, what you think is really important to us.
Facebook - http://facebook.com/TantrumApps
Twitter - http://twitter.com/TantrumApps
Direct - http://TantrumApps.com/contact
What's New in Version 1.17
Two New Shelf Items!
• Maracas •
Everyone loves to play the maracas. Shake your device to make their sound. Just 60 coins!
• Snowglobe •
It's snowing at home, in the snow globe on your shelf. Tilt and shake your device to watch the snow fall. Just 60 coins!
- Added a parental gate to keep kids out of settings and from leaving the app
- Fixed a bug with deleting players in iOS 7
- Lots of little bug fixes making the game more stable and less buggy
Would not recommend for classroom use
Although this app covers many concepts from the kindergarten classroom, the concepts are not expanded upon to allow students the opportunity to develop their understanding of math and reading. The difficulty does not change while going through the activities which makes the game extremely repetitive and does not push students' thinking. Furthermore, the music and sound effects in the app are repetitive and cannot be turned off unless the sound on the iPad is turned off. The music and sounds may distract students from the math and reading activities. The app also does not consistently give explanations to help students understand why their answers are correct or incorrect. Therefore, students may not understand why their answers are correct or incorrect and continue using the app without an understanding of the concepts presented. Students could also randomly select answers without understanding their meaning. Students may be able to learn the math concepts presented better through the use of manipulatives because they would actually be able to move the objects on their own to see their purpose. Overall, I would not recommend this app for use in the classroom.
Actually great! 😃
This is a pretty good app. The people that rate it low only used it for maybe ONE MINUTE and then said it was too easy. It obviously starts you out easy and then gets harder as it goes on, so if you don't play for a few hours or so it will still be fairly easy. My little girl LOVES this app!! The coins encourage her to keep on playing and do her best. If you are planning on getting this game, and know someone who is 5 or 6, DEFINITELY get it. It is worth it 😋😛😊
Leaves u wanting
My boy likes it, there just isn't enough challenge. Wish there where stages. Where it gradually gets a little harder. It's just the same thing over and over.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 26, 2013
- Version: 1.17
- Size: 198 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Lawrence Ingraham
- © TantrumApps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.