Timmy's Kindergarten Adventure Free - Fun Math, Sight Words and Educational Games for Kids
By Tantrum Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is the preview version of Timmy's Kindergarten Adventure. It's limited in functionality but will give you a good idea what to expect in the full version. Try before you buy!
There's never been an educational game like this before. Kids of all ages will enjoy learning their basic skills by guiding their player on a kindergarten adventure! Created in partnership with a teacher, Timmy's Preschool Adventure focuses on the basic skills needed for Kindergarten: Basic Math, Sight Words, Spelling, Telling Time, Counting Money, Color Mixing and more. Win coins for completing challenges on your way to school.
3 different challenges with varying difficulty to practice basic skills
• Math Birds - Some pesky birds keep taking your fruit. Learn subtraction by figuring out how many fruit are left.
• Clock Waterfall - There's a waterfall in your path. Find the log with the correct time to block the water get across the pond.
• Word Mountain - How do you get over the gaps in the mountain? Touch the correct dolch sight word to jump!
School activities to help enrich your child's creativity
• Painting and color mixing - four sized brushes can be used to paint pictures. mix the 5 basic colors (red, blue, yellow, black, white) to create new colors to paint with
What is the game like? What can I expect?
- The game starts outside Timmy's house. Tap on the School sign when you're ready to start.
- Timmy will need to complete 3 challenges on his way to school. Each time you start the game it will pick up from the level you completed
- At the end of each challenge, you'll win a coin. If you make no mistakes, you get two coins. These coins can be used to purchase mini games back at home.
- Once Timmy reaches the school, tap on the calendar day to select the activity you'd like to play.
Do you have feedback?
We love seeing your reviews, but if you have a complaint or feature request, please let us know directly. There's no way for us to write you back if you leave a review. We want to make our games better, what you think is really important to us.
Facebook - http://facebook.com/TantrumApps
Twitter - http://twitter.com/TantrumApps
Direct - http://TantrumApps.com/contact
What's New in Version 1.0.5
Fixed a bug where coins could disappear from your piggybank
My 5 year-old loves this game!
This is great example of how gamification can help motivate people to do otherwise undesirable tasks. The player must complete math, word identification, phonics, and time-telling activities in order to play the fun mini-games that are at the end of game. Also, by performing the academic tasks well, the player accumulates credits that can be used to ‘buy’ trophies (don’t worry, no in-app purchases, it is purely symbolic). This has teaches the value of saving toward a goal, and greater rewards for good performance.
I’m pretty impressed by some of the math problems, which border on basic algebra (solve for ‘x’), like 2 + x = 5. I don’t think he’s been exposed to this kind of problem before, and it was pretty cool to see it register with him.
On Saturday he asked to watch only one TV program so that he’d have more time to play this game. I’m sure any parent of a 5 year-old can appreciate it's significance.
I like this game it helps my kids learn my 6 year old is learning words she has never Sean in her life and learning them!! She is going to 1st grade but if your child is in 1st grade they may still play even know this game is for kindergarden and Preschool kids they can play my 7 year old plays it so anyone can play and also they need to start to make ones for 1st graders 2ed graders 3ed graders and the hole way to fifth graders!! But other wise there is so much to do and nothing is boring but one this the mountain it takes too much time to walk up the mountain and jump down from the mountain but other wise this is a great game!!
Best Kindergarten App!
For me, the proof is in the results! My 5 yr old is solving the subtraction, word and time problems faster and still enjoying herself! It's fun, it gets progressively more challenging and she loves the interactive store at the end!!! She chooses to play this game over all the hundreds of other apps we have!!! Thank you for this!!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 13, 2012
- Version: 1.0.5
- Size: 46.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Lawrence Ingraham
- © TantrumApps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.