The Tinnitus Tamer XS helps Tinnitus (ringing-in-the-ear) sufferers to reduce or eliminate their Tinnitus by using the resources of their own bodies to take care of the Tinnitus in a natural way. In addition to the iPhone or iPad, you only need a pair of earphones or earbuds.
…designed by a former Tinnitus sufferer.
Originally released in 1999 as Tinnitus Tamer on the Mackintosh, and in 2012 on the iPad. The Tinnitus Tamer XS provides a much-simplified user interface for the same treatment techniques, which evolved from the original Tinnitus Tamer.
It is not commonly known that the acoustic nerve not only transmits electrical data from the inner ear to the brain stem, but also transmits information from the brain stem back to the inner ear *. The normal function of this negative feedback is to reduce the translation of acoustical background noise and loud signals into electrical signal by the inner ear. Any wave system with negative feedback can, under certain conditions, produce positive feedback. When this happens in the hearing process, it is referred to as Tinnitus.
The alternating tone and silence sequences produced by the Tinnitus Tamer affect the brain stem in a way to change the positive feedback back into negative feedback. Thus, the Tinnitus Tamer XS uses the resources of your own body to take care of the Tinnitus in a natural way.
* Dr. Terry L. Levin
In some cases, the Tinnitus will rapidly disappear, but more likely, it will improve in stages:
• First, during a training session.
• Next, for a short period after a training session has ended.
• Gradually, the time of relief after a training session will increase.
• Eventually, the Tinnitus will be reduced to a low level that is of little bother.
• Many Tinnitus sufferers will find that the Tinnitus will be eliminated. Other will have to use the Tinnitus Tamer XS only when their Tinnitus flares up.
- James Ludtke
- 15.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © James Udo Ludtke
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.