By Andreas Illiger
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You have always dreamed of flying - but your wings are tiny. Luckily the world is full of beautiful hills. Use the hills as jumps - slide down, flap your wings and fly! At least for a moment - until this annoying gravity brings you back down to earth. But the next hill is waiting for you already. Watch out for the night and fly as fast as you can. Otherwise flying will only be a dream once again.
Tiny Wings was chosen as the iPhone Game of the Year in App Store Rewind 2011 in Europe and many other countries. Thank you Apple and a big thank you to all Tiny Wings fans!
• simple but skillfull "one button" (ok... maybe "one tap") arcade game about the dream of flying
• the world is changing every day - so it does in this game! Procedural generated graphics will make "tiny wings" look different every day you play
• upgrade your nest by fulfilling tasks
• Two game modes: "Day Trip" and "Flight School"
• Play as the mama bird or one of her four children
• 15 hand-designed levels in the new "Flight School" mode
• iCloud support (even syncs your game between the iPhone & iPad versions)
• optimized for iPhone 5
What's New in Version 2.1
- Tuna islands / 5 new Level
Great game but not perfect
This is a very fun and addicting game. I see two major problems:
1) I'm new to the game but can see why people are clamoring for more islands, challenges, add ons, etc. I'm almost at the end and wishing for more, and more creative and exciting options to keep me engaged.
2) some of the levels require near perfect gameplay to just get past them. You're simply not able to make a mistake and still get to the next level - just getting past a level often requires you to hit every swoop, valley, hill and flower just right just to make it into third place. Hit a water trap? May as well just start over. Misjudged that approach to the incline by about 2 degrees? You've now lost almost all of your speed, so just hit pause and go back to the start my friends. I enjoy these sort of games and usually pretty good at them, but the sheer precision of play needed to just keep moving on in this one is frustrating.
I love the game but like some of the other reviews, it gets kinda boring after awhile. Some suggestions for a future update would to add a multiplayer mode to see who can go the longest distance in the given time. Another idea would be to add something like a flappy bird mode but you can use your tiny wing character. And last on my list would be a customization mode where you can select your bird and put hats and other stylish things and change the shape of your bird and the color. Hopefully you will read this and add at least a few of these ideas to the game. Thanks😃
This app is so addicting. The graphics are cute and I love how the hills change colors and patterns each day. However, they should add some things. First, there should be multiplayer, so you can race people if your in the same wifi. Next, coins are useless, so the app creators should add a shop, where you can buy accessories such as hats and colors to customize your bird. Last, once your buy x26, the objectives are too hard to beat. I've been on Fly Throughout Island 4 in Fever Mode for 5 days, and I play this app constantly. It's almost impossible to get a "great slide" if the hills are so tall and steep. Over all, I think this us a good app, but it could use improvement. 👍
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 14, 2014
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 12.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Andreas Illiger
- © 2011 Andreas Illiger
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.