By Andreas Illiger
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You have always dreamed of flying - but your wings are tiny. Luckily the world is full of beautiful hills. Use the hills as jumps - slide down, flap your wings and fly! At least for a moment - until this annoying gravity brings you back down to earth. But the next hill is waiting for you already. Watch out for the night and fly as fast as you can. Otherwise flying will only be a dream once again.
Tiny Wings was chosen as the iPhone Game of the Year in App Store Rewind 2011 in Europe and many other countries. Thank you Apple and a big thank you to all Tiny Wings fans!
• simple but skillfull "one button" (ok... maybe "one tap") arcade game about the dream of flying
• the world is changing every day - so it does in this game! Procedural generated graphics will make "tiny wings" look different every day you play
• upgrade your nest by fulfilling tasks
• Two game modes: "Day Trip" and "Flight School"
• Play as the mama bird or one of her four children
• 15 hand-designed levels in the new "Flight School" mode
• iCloud support (even syncs your game between the iPhone & iPad versions)
• optimized for iPhone 5
What's New in Version 2.1
- Tuna islands / 5 new Level
Poorly balanced = not enjoyable
I tried this on an iPhone 5s. It's a great concept, love the mechanics and the graphics. However, the game is just too hard, creating choke points in the single-bird island hopping levels that you simply cannot get around unless your play is perfect. I've only made it past island 7 one time and that was by dumb luck. And if you blow it, it's back to the beginning. Plus, the island terrains change every 24 hours at midnight so unless you can afford to cram in a lot of play to figure out the maps in order to get the right jump sequences before the maps change, you're basically not going to progress. Then once you do get those worked out, you're still facing a change of maps at midnight, thereby putting you back where you started! For the race maps, where you're playing against the AI's birds, even with perfect play (that is no stalls or hitting water traps) you consistently will finish 2nd or 3rd. Bottom line: this game is too annoying to enjoy. Maybe on an iPad the experience is better.
Oye, this game
I'm giving it five stars because anything that has held my attention for this long is worthy of five stars, BUT can we get some new flight school islands?? I've won every single race using each of the four birds. It has taken weeks and I truly feel my life is now complete, except there's the looming promise of new islands coming soon, so I can't die before I see what's under those magical clouds.
And of course my other complaint is the Day Trip simply crosses the line of decency at Nest Multiplier X28. I mean come on! I've never felt that life's challenges were too much for me to handle until I found out I had to "Fly through the 4th island in fever mode" before I could move on. Couldn't have been the 3rd island, with its beautiful sweeping valleys, noooo, it's the 4th. Well it's simply not possible so here's my review and I'm out.
Great game but not perfect
This is a very fun and addicting game. I see two major problems:
1) I'm new to the game but can see why people are clamoring for more islands, challenges, add ons, etc. I'm almost at the end and wishing for more, and more creative and exciting options to keep me engaged.
2) some of the levels require near perfect gameplay to just get past them. You're simply not able to make a mistake and still get to the next level - just getting past a level often requires you to hit every swoop, valley, hill and flower just right just to make it into third place. Hit a water trap? May as well just start over. Misjudged that approach to the incline by about 2 degrees? You've now lost almost all of your speed, so just hit pause and go back to the start my friends. I enjoy these sort of games and usually pretty good at them, but the sheer precision of play needed to just keep moving on in this one is frustrating.