By Andreas Illiger
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You have always dreamed of flying - but your wings are tiny. Luckily the world is full of beautiful hills. Use the hills as jumps - slide down, flap your wings and fly! At least for a moment - until this annoying gravity brings you back down to earth. But the next hill is waiting for you already. Watch out for the night and fly as fast as you can. Otherwise flying will only be a dream once again.
Tiny Wings was chosen as the iPhone Game of the Year in App Store Rewind 2011 in Europe and many other countries. Thank you Apple and a big thank you to all Tiny Wings fans!
• simple but skillfull "one button" (ok... maybe "one tap") arcade game about the dream of flying
• the world is changing every day - so it does in this game! Procedural generated graphics will make "tiny wings" look different every day you play
• upgrade your nest by fulfilling tasks
• Two game modes: "Day Trip" and "Flight School"
• Play as the mama bird or one of her four children
• 15 hand-designed levels in the new "Flight School" mode
• iCloud support (even syncs your game between the iPhone & iPad versions)
• optimized for iPhone 5
What's New in Version 2.1
- Tuna islands / 5 new Level
Great game but not perfect
This is a very fun and addicting game. I see two major problems:
1) I'm new to the game but can see why people are clamoring for more islands, challenges, add ons, etc. I'm almost at the end and wishing for more, and more creative and exciting options to keep me engaged.
2) some of the levels require near perfect gameplay to just get past them. You're simply not able to make a mistake and still get to the next level - just getting past a level often requires you to hit every swoop, valley, hill and flower just right just to make it into third place. Hit a water trap? May as well just start over. Misjudged that approach to the incline by about 2 degrees? You've now lost almost all of your speed, so just hit pause and go back to the start my friends. I enjoy these sort of games and usually pretty good at them, but the sheer precision of play needed to just keep moving on in this one is frustrating.
Great Game But...
This is a truly awesome game, and reading all these reviews, I was trying to find one that didn't have a "but" or "however" to it. Now here I am, being hypocritical and adding to it, but the the only thing wrong is that it needs more of a purpose. It has a very dull story to it: "You've always dreamed of flying but your wings are too tiny, etc." There should be villain or monster or some sort of conflict and plot. With a campaign or mission mode. Lastly, you should be able to upgrade your bird for the campaign. I like the idea of being able to hatch new eggs. Don't like the accessory or costume idea though, too boring and unoriginal, but you could just buy different birds I guess. I don't know. I just want the campaign and upgrading idea to work, that's all. Thanks and awesome game!👏👏
Bad AI and Rage Inducing Levels
The AI is pretty bad, I'm not gonna lie. They complete the level the same every time, and always complete everything perfectly. You have to know the levels really well just to get maybe second. I have to admit, the gameplay is entertaining, but some levels are way too difficult. Also, the level difficulties are all out of order. I get past a hard level, then an extremely easy level appears, which is then followed by a near impossible level. It's really rage inducing sometimes, as I can't get past certain levels. A warning for anyone who wants this game: it's a fun game, but can get frustrating and very difficult. I personally deleted it. I felt like it was not as good as some of the knockoffs, which is dad if you think about it. This is just my opinion though. If you like it, play on!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 14, 2014
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 12.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Andreas Illiger
- © 2011 Andreas Illiger
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.