Hmmm so I have a bill of $259.65 including tax, so how much should I tip?
Tipping used to be simple. Now with a truck load of taxes, service charges, per person splitting and what not, a simple restaurant etiquette has turned into a full on battle of the brains.
Luckily, there’s Tap Tip to save you the hassle of tipping wrong. And even calculating it. Within seconds you can get the perfect amount of tipping needed to keep that waiter smiling, your reputation intact and your finances up and running.
Imagine tipping incorrectly at every meal every time you eat out. Sounds simple but the damage builds up over time to be something serious. An app like Tap Tip can help you loads.
Oh, and it has lots of other nice features too!
• You can calculate service based tipping
• You can exclude sales taxes from tipping
• You can round the tip or the total
• Up to 100 person split of the bill ( VERY convenient) with per person billing and tipping
• Switch the currency with ease!
• Just a simple tap and swipe action to operate
• Tip even faster with the companion Apple Watch app
• Oh and if you want, you can even share it on social media like Facebook, twitter etc.
• Sharing, currency change, rounding and sales tax exclusion are available via in-app purchase.
PS: That would be $00.00 for the app (tip included!)
- Fixes for iOS 10
Ratings and Reviews
First Screen App
I eat out a couple times a week, and love this app. Love the color green and its simplicity. I had a recommendation to make the app better for me, and the developer got back to me within a day. If they make it an option to hide the Split Check portion I'll give it a Five Star rating. If you're behind me, right your review. The app can only get better. In one review it was mentioned that the app took 30 sec. to load. On my 7+ it takes approximately 1 sec. if not in memory and loads instantly when in memory.
I really like this app. The previous one I used didn’t update for my iPhone X. Love the look and the color. Easy to use. Like that you can send the split to people through text. One feature I’d recommend and only reason I did t give 5 stars, is to type in bill amount on watch vs having to use voice. Or able to scribe like you can for tip percent. Feel a bit foolish talking into my watch and hard to get accurate when in a noisy restaurant.
Looks good, but...
I bought this app to replace another one that didn’t put out an update for the latest phone. I like the colors and the interface of this one. The major drawback (and deal breaker for me) is that you can only split the check evenly. Often, if I’m out to dinner, someone has ordered wine or an extra item. We agree to split the check except for that extra purchase. The other person might say, “I’ll pay $3 more.” This app won’t help calculate anything but an even split. Too bad.
- Tardent Apps Inc.
- 17.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Tardent Apps Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- All Upgrades $4.99
- No Ads $1.99
- Rounding Options $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.