Tip Check - Tip Calculator, Free Tipping Guide, & Bill Split
By ChuChu Train Productions
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Key Features: Easy Input Calculator, Extensive US and International Tip Guide, & Bill Split.
This is an award winning app, download it today!!
You might be asking what sets this one a part from the hundreds of other calculators out there? In a word, information. How much do you tip a hair dresser? How about a hotel concierge? What about the doorman during Christmas time? All of this, and much more is answered in this app. Oh yeah and it calculates tip percentages and splits bills like a champ.
• Extensive tipping/gratuity guide for the U.S.
• Easy to use, easy to read, and clean interface.
• Guide feeds directly into calculator for % tips.
• Calculator can calculate tip before and after tax.
• Calculator supports bill splitting for groups.
• No network access required.
• Round tip to nearest selected increment (optional).
• Now supporting Apple Watch!
• International tip guide for 69 countries*
• Voted Top 5 Tip Calculator in 2014 by ILoveFreeSoftware.com
• Recommended by Consumer Reports Shop Smart 2011 November Issue
• Babble.com 2011 Award Winner - Top 50 App For Moms
* International tip guide covers 69 countries in four categories: restaurants, bars, porters, and taxi's.
What's New in Version 1.6.9
Minor bug fixes.
Just ok--incorrect for major cities
So this app is fine if you are in the mid-west, or middle of nowhere...which as a traveler, is that really where you want to go?
Or do you want to see NYC, Boston, San Francisco, Hollywood, or Vegas-baby?
If you hear the siren songs of a major city, this app will lead you to be at best, that typical tourist who doesn't know any better, or at worst, that jerk who under tipped.
So. Bottom line. Add 5% to the numbers here.
The average tip for major cities is 20%. And that's usually AFTER tax priceis added, not before). If you get better to great service, plan on 25-30% tip.
No. I'm not in the customer service industry. I was, back in college, and I can tell you I lived on tips, not salary. And those big cities are super expensive to live in or commute to. I'm now a customer who knows how hard that job is, and how hard it can be to smile at the next guy when the last guy was difficult.
So forget this app, use the simple calculator function that comes with your phone and multiply the bottom line by 1.2 for your total bill or 0.2 for your tip only. It's that easy.
I travel internationally, but haven't paid the buck, yet.
So I can't comment on that. I will likely just check a guide book or google, since I am now suspect of this app's opinion.
Ps if you are the developer and decide to correct the numbers, I will gladly reconsider my rating.
I'm a better tipper because of this app
I always assumed I was giving enough when I tipped. I know realize sometimes I was way under 20% sometimes way over. Now I know exactly what to tip
Accurate and easy to use for precise tip amounts. Not just for foods, but for use in other areas/services too (from valet to bell hops to dog grooming). Calculates and provides guidance, suggestions and standards for tipping. Easy to use and understand.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Jan 07, 2016
- Version: 1.6.9
- Size: 16.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Michael Chu
- © 2014 Michael Chu
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$0.99
- International Tip Guide$0.99