By Tipping Tips
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tip Like a Local, All Around the Globe!
Recommended by The New York Times
Tipping when you travel can be confusing and fraught with uncertainties, especially in the US where even Americans can't agree on the proper way to tip. After exhaustive research from locals to travel experts, and cheapskates to show-offs, we've developed the ultimate tipping guide and calculator for over 100 countries around the world. Waiters, taxis, porters, hotel staff, safari guides, cruise staff and more, it's the most extensive guide to fairly and honestly expressing your satisfaction with the service you receive when you travel. See http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/25/app-study-tipping-tips
- Detailed advice on tipping customs in 108 international regions
- Versions in Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, and Japanese
- Easy-to-use calculator – automatically adjusts to local customs
- Uses star rating system to determine tip
- Lets you split the check – up to 8 payers
- In the US, automatically calculates tip based on pre-tax amount
- Ability to deduct service charge or wine from the bill before tip calculation
- Includes a flashlight so you can read your bill in dark restaurants!
What's New in Version 1.2
Cruise ships now has it's own section
Added US holiday tipping section
Changed England taxi tipping rate to 10%
Changed Wales tipping rate floor to 10% from 12.5%
Added Greece charter boat information
After reading about this app in Travel and Leisure, the app was right in time for a trip to Bermuda. But I became disappointed once I realized Bermuda was not one of the many countries covered! Maybe I should use English customs or should I use United States since the Bermuda dollar is even with US dollar? Higher rating if it had Bermuda. Otherwise easy to use and should be useful in other travels.
greatest travel app
i never, ever, think about tipping until i travel. and then i find myself in a taxi, at a restaurant or hotel and the question comes up. how much to tip? this nifty little app figures it out for you and not just in paris but also places like iran, god forbid. another cool feature, it has a flashlight button so you can light up your menu in those dark restaurants.
Good but no portrait mode
Has the information. Just annoying that it is only in landscape mode. So you have to flip your iPhone every time you use it.