By Tiramisu Transit, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Tiramisu app aims to empower transit riders to improve their public transit service with a focus on improving the transit experience for riders with visual or mobility impairments.
From the Nearby Tab, you can:
- view nearby stops on a map
- view arrival times
- share observations vehicles fullness
- share a location trace to help create real-time arrival information
- share thoughts about your current trip
- create a favorite stop to see arrival information about
From the Notes Tab, you can:
- share thoughts about different routes or stops
- send messages to the transit service or to the Tiramisu team
- comment and rate the notes other users have shared
All users can read the notes, but you must create an account in order to send a note.
From the Profile Tab, you can:
- Create an account in order to send notes
- Edit your personal information
- See how much you have used the app
- View and manage all notes and comment you have shared
From the Setting Tab, you can:
- Update the region and transit agency you want information for
- View a tutorial on how to use the app
Tiramisu is VoiceOver compatible.
The application currently supports the Port Authority of Allegheny County (the transit agency for Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania), New York MTA buses, and Syracuse. We will be adding more agencies soon – stay tuned!
This application is associated with research at the RERC on Accessible Public Transportation (http://www.rercapt.org) at Carnegie Mellon University. If you have questions about the research, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit suggestions on improvements through the app store or to email@example.com.
Disclaimer: Tiramisu uses location services in the background. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.4.2