By Valley Games, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Awarded "Best War/Tactical Battle Game App" of 2011 by BoardGameGeek!
The epic struggle for domination is now available for the iPad!
Players take the role of a Titan, moving through the constantly changing terrain of the Land with Legions of Ogres, Gargoyles and other monsters of myth and legend. Players move their Legions along specific pathways recruiting creatures to their side and using those Legions to battle their opponents. Battles then take place on separate terrain maps where only the strongest survive!
This classic strategy game supports 2-6 players. The iPad app supports both Local games, with any mix of humans and AI, and Online games against remote opponents.
Want to learn more? Check out our introductory tutorial at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-I-5BJy7UU, also included in-game.
What's New in Version 2.5.4
Players can now set a custom nickname for online play
Fix issues with terrain and hazard inspectors on iOS 9
Fix issues with client/server time sync on iOS 9.0.1+
Fix logic issue with skipped final strikes
Fix issue where battle rewards window, once hidden, cannot be un-hidden
Fix issue with main screen music
I love this game! I used to play it in College as a board game 30 years ago.
And the thing is, you guys have scraped away all of the very frustrating elements that detracted from all of the old style wargames.
1) The app interprets all the rules the same, and applies them uniformly, so, it tells you what you can and can’t do, with an easy to use
2) All the drudgery of the battles (all the rules and exceptions and die rolls) are all taken care of in a simple and fast way. So, all that is the left is the fun and excitement!
3) I get to play with people all over the world! We always had a hard time getting a 2 or 3 player game going, and now I’ve been in 6 player games.
4) The Async mode is brilliant! This is a modern version of Play-By-Mail (PBM), but, you can get through a turn in a 6 player game in about 1-2 days, instead of two weeks (or more) with PBM.
5) Each player turn take very little time, maybe 2-3 minutes at most, instead of as much as 30 min per turn when in combat in the old board game.
6) You can play in multiple games at the same time. So, if you’re like me, and want to get your fix each night, you can spend 30 min catching up on 10 games at a time.
I agree that the AI is not very good. But, given the amount of enjoyment that I get out of playing against people, I don't really care about the AI. It's only good for learning the rules, not the strategies.
AI needs work
I will continue to rate this game 3 stars until this reasonable request is met. Despite my hopes through two plus years of playing this game, the developer has never completed any improvements to the terrible single-player AI. Even the simplest of changes to the AI algorithms would make the game significantly more enjoyable in single-player. Changes such as : preventing the Titan from committing suicide, making the tower citadel (actually any wall top) a critical hex to defend, keeping only the strongest units in a Titan army when it splits (no more late game centaur/cyclops armies damnit!), and any number of other suggestions countless other users have recommended in these reviews.
This is My Titan
This is the game that I played and enjoyed for years but got away from, now on my iPad! Great graphics and interface, I took away one star because there is no online component.
UPDATE: Now after adding the online play and working out the bugs, the game plays well. I don't understand the online scoring but that's probably on me. I have run some analysis of the dice rolls during battle and the algorithm used shows some issues.