Titanic – South England Press reviews the first week of press coverage in South England following one of the deadliest maritime disasters in history. Original issues from around Titanic’s departure harbour in South England from April 1912 have been carefully scanned and professionally converted using docWorks digitization software.
Read the original news from 1912 and search across all issues or within a particular issue. Hits are highlighted (headlines in blue, search terms in red) for easy navigation and display. A table of content provides a „book-like“ access tot he newspaper issue. Combined with a thumbnail preview of all pages and the table-typical gesture control, this app is truly something special for people who literally want to get in touch with digital publications.
Check out our other carefully crafted apps with original press coverage of important historic events.
OVERVIEW OF FEATURES
- A virtual exhibition of curated historical newspapers, enriched with an informative introductory text.
- A total of 100 newspaper pages from Cornwall, Devon, East Sussex and Kent, spanning the seven days following the sinking of the RMS Titanic in 1912.
- Download specific or all issues on demand.
- A total app size of 300 MB packed with high-quality scans and metadata (we recommend downloading in a wireless LAN environment).
- Extra functions, such as a table of contents and text search with hit highlighting.
- A convenient thumbnail-preview bar with each publication.
- Attractive user design with intuitive navigation, easy page swiping, and two-finger zooming.
For over 40 years, CCS has been developing solutions for digitization of valuable library and archive holdings (Digital Library). To learn more about CCS, creating apps with digital newspapers and docWorks, please call us at +49 40 227130-0, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Search across all issues or within in particular issue.
- Download issues on demand.
- Display and search performance improvements:
1. Issues shows you all available newspaper issues in this app. You can download one by one on demand or all at once.
2. Info contains a short description about the app and the event.
3. Search results contains hits in all issues.
4. Hits are highlighted like this: Headlines of articles are highlighted in blue, the search term is highlighted in red. If a hit appears in a headline it is highlighted both blue and red.
- Compatible with iOS 8 and 9.
- CCS Content Conversion Specialists GmbH
- 106.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Local World Ltd. Images created courtesy of THE BRITISH LIBRARY BOARD
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.