Title Bout Championship Boxing 2013
By PISD Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Title Bout Championship Boxing is the ultimate boxing simulation game. Created by one of the original developers of Championship Manager, it comes with more than 8,000 fighter records in its database which is constantly being updated by dedicated volunteers.
Boxing fans often fantasize about matching greats from different eras. They still argue about how Joe Louis would have stacked up against modern competition and whether or not Mike Tyson, in his prime, could have gone toe-to-toe with that guy who "floated like a butterfly and stung like a bee." Now some of these questions can be answered, at least theoretically, courtesy of Title Bout Championship Boxing.
Essentially, Title Bout is centered around asking, "What if?" The gameplay modes include single bouts, fight cards, single- or double-elimination tournaments that feature as many as 16 boxers, and lengthy bout schedules. There are no career or role-playing options as seen in most sports management sims, although you can input your name and track your wagers on bouts. That can make fight cards a little more interesting, because you begin with a mere $10,000 stake and dreams of Jimmy the Greek grandeur.
What's New in Version 1.4
== Release 1.4
- fixed crash changing fighter groups
- changed back/next order when stepping through fighters to match table filter/sorting
- fixed issue that cause the wrong picture to be displayed on some detail pages
- fixed issue where long serial numbers would not fit in the licensing dialog
- fixed crash in fighter reports
- fixed memory leak in image cache
- stopped DQ showing as TKO for winner
- added Win% to fighter table
- fixed issues when fighter is at their career end
== Release 1.3
- autoscheduler does not show titles
- fixed "linked with data pool"
- added blurring effect
- added screen resizing
- improved table drawing speed
- MOTD system
- fixed updating data from pool clearing cornermen
- fixed loading in tournament shwoing wrong view
- fixed tournament pre-playing matches after reload
- fixed tournament replaying drawn bout
- enabled fighter move by default
- fixed issue where title champion showed the wrong weight
- Added copying autoscheduler date/venue to fight card
- Added warning when fighters sexes do not match in fight setup
- fixed display issue on fighter details page
- Added F4 reloading of static data tables
- fixed fighter stats calculation
- fixed fighter stoppages
- Disqualification now recorded as TKO win
- Editing history date updates title history too
Wish there were more games of this quality
This is not your "punch the other toy" arcade boxing game that dominates the genre. This is the first and only game I've seen that lets you set up historic what-ifs, run leagues and tournaments, and gives you a wealth of historic fighters in historic weight classes with countless ways to replay history or manage all-time fantasy contests. My question is, why isn't Strat-o-Matic building apps like this? Why hasn't anyone recreated such an app for historic baseball, football, basketball or golf tournaments? As soon as i found it, it became my favorite app game ever. Many thanks to the Trunzos for giving so much fun.
Do not buy. Crashes constantly, and I mean like virtually every game.
Horrible documentation. It seems like the online documentation refers exclusively to the desktop version. Good luck trying to figure this out, it will take you a long period of frustrating tapping and clicking. That is if the game doesn't crash. Which it will. Almost every time.
Even though the online documentation indicates you can, it seems to be no way to edit fighters statistics on iPad. This renders the game boring when it works, which is seldom. I was able to have one tournament out of four attempts. The other ones all crashed and froze the screen.
I wasted my time reading their help file about crashes. Essentially the direction was uninstall and reinstall the app. Did nothing to help.
Update this game!
But great game, just need some improvements!