The free TiVo App for iOS is the ultimate entertainment app serving up control, discovery and a mobile place for viewing. Watch live or recorded TV via your TiVo, find shows and schedule recordings and browse content via the guide, by genre or category, explore the cast and crew, and even see where the content is available whether it be through cable TV, Netflix, Hulu PlusTM, YouTube, Amazon Instant Video, through VOD in certain markets and more.
“What to Watch Now” combines real-time viewing data, recommendations and personal preferences to create a custom dashboard presenting the exact content you want most every time you sit down to watch TV. This feature allows you to categorize by content that is on TV now, starting within the next 30 minutes, or on later tonight. The TiVo app also allows you to watch content from your favorite Social Media feeds like Facebook and YouTube from the “What to Watch Now” screen. Categories include: Popular on TV, Sports on Now, Powered by Thuuz, Movies on TV, Kids, Favorite Channels, Viewer’s recorded TV, Shared by Friends, Popular on YouTube, and My YouTube Channels.
TiVo Roamio Plus and TiVo Roamio Pro users can seamlessly stream live or recorded programming to their iOS devices from anywhere there is a WiFi signal. Download recordings while at home or away via WiFi or cellular to watch when you have no connection. TiVo Stream users can stream live or recorded content to iOS devices within their home network and download shows to go.
Features of the TiVo app (some features are only available to TiVo Premiere or TiVo Roamio DVR customers):
> Out-of-home & in-home streaming: watch your live or recorded shows remotely anywhere you have Wi-Fi
> Out-of-home and in-home downloading: download your content to enjoy anywhere so that low bandwidth or lack of a Wi-Fi connection never slows you down
> What to Watch Now: no matter where you are, TiVo’s second screen dashboard provides instantaneous personalized recommendations the second you pull up your TiVo app, providing you with available content options to watch now, in the next 30 minutes, or tonight.
> Remote scheduling: browse and view the programming guide, manage recordings, check your To-Do List or set a Season Pass® any time – no matter where you are
> Mobile Search & discovery: figure out what’s on whether you’re in the office or a hotel and enjoy the same browsing tools you have with your TiVo at home (including the TiVo editorial Collections and show, cast and actor information)
> Use a TiVo remote control replica or our intuitive, gesture-based remote control
> Search across TV, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video & Hulu Plus – and get integrated results on what you’re looking for
> Explore cast and crew while watching a show
> And much more
Having troubles finding or connecting to your TiVo DVR? Try one or more of these steps:
* Restart your network router by unplugging it, waiting 30 seconds, and plugging it back in
* Restart your TiVo DVR by following the instructions in the TiVo menus under Settings & Messages > Help > Restart or Reset System > Restart the TiVo Box
Minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Needs some improvements!
1) Add the option to choose a smaller buffer for high-speed connections, & a larger buffer for low-speed connections. This will solve the problem of people not having enough hard-drive room/RAM to prevent their streams from freezing.
2) Add the regular fast forward & rewind buttons. I will stop & watch commercials if they look interesting, this way. Skipping forward by 30 seconds almost guarantees I won't watch them.
3) Go back to the hash marks on the guide being every 50 channels.
4) Add the ability to see what channel all the tuners are on, which are recording, and which is being viewed on the TV.
5) Allow viewing of shows/movies/events without recording them.
6) Provide the option to resume or start from the beginning of programs, when viewing on iDevices.
7) Add the "new" icon back for relevant shows in the hourly listing of the guide, so we don't have to select each show, individually.
8) Fix AirPlay streaming! Right now, selecting AirPlay usually just streams the audio. Screen mirroring needs to be used to reliably stream the video, and this places more stress on the device RAM.
Please make these changes for an app worthy of 5 stars! :)
Update - An update with no fixes equals one less star.
This app could be so much better. 1 when you set it up to record a program, even when you set it to not record duplicates, it records the same program twice (it happens on every CNN program); 2 connectivity is not great, difficult to watch shows as it often says it can connect even when you are a few feet away; 3 you can only transfer to an apple product, but can’t transfer to a PC so you can take it with you or safe for later; 4 often you have to manually update the app, it should do that automatically, when happens it doesn’t download programming information, so it stops recording, as I said, it works, but it could be better.
Needs update for iPhone X
Screen needs update to take advantage of larger iPhone X screen and conform to its “notch.”
And while you’re at it, it would be nice if the user could select preferred quick jump icons at bottom of screen. For example, I would prefer To Do List in place of either Watch Now or Information.
Finally, when in Guide view, looking at all programs for a selected channel, there has been a long term bug across multiple versions of iOS that creates two instances of some programs. This effectively reduces how far into the future you can look for those channels.
UPDATE TO REVIEW - no updates or fixes. Especially annoying is the failure to update for iPhone X. Well over 90% of my 150+ apps are now compliant. So, this cannot be that hard. That includes apps from very large companies, and apps from very small companies and one-person shows. It has been eight months since iPhone X shipped - ten months since it was announced, and a year since the iOS tools for iPhone X became available. Because it is taken by so long, I reduced my rating by one star.
- TiVo, Inc
- 45.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2013 TiVo Inc. All rights reserved. TiVo and the TiVo logo are registered trademarks of TiVo Inc. and its subsidiaries worldwide.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.