By TiVo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The free TiVo App for iOS is the ultimate entertainment app serving up control, discovery and a mobile place for viewing. Watch live or recorded TV via your TiVo, find shows and schedule recordings and browse content via the guide, by genre or category, explore the cast and crew, and even see where the content is available whether it be through cable TV, Netflix, Hulu PlusTM, YouTube, Amazon Instant Video, through VOD in certain markets and more.
“What to Watch Now” combines real-time viewing data, recommendations and personal preferences to create a custom dashboard presenting the exact content you want most every time you sit down to watch TV. Categories include: Popular on TV, Sports on Now, Powered by Thuuz, Movies on TV, Kids, Favorite Channels and Viewer’s recorded TV.
TiVo Roamio Plus and TiVo Roamio Pro users can seamlessly stream live or recorded programming to their iOS devices from anywhere there is a WiFi signal. Download recordings while at home or away via WiFi or cellular to watch when you have no connection. TiVo Stream users can stream live or recorded content to iOS devices within their home network and download shows to go.
Features of the TiVo app (some features are only available to TiVo Premiere or TiVo Roamio DVR customers):
> Out-of-home & in-home streaming: watch your live or recorded shows remotely anywhere you have Wi-Fi
> Out-of-home and in-home downloading: download your content to enjoy anywhere so that low bandwidth or lack of a Wi-Fi connection never slows you down
> What to Watch Now: no matter where you are, TiVo’s second screen dashboard provides instantaneous personalized recommendations the second you pull up your TiVo app
> Remote scheduling: browse and view the programming guide, manage recordings, check your To-Do List or set a Season Pass® any time – no matter where you are
> Mobile Search & discovery: figure out what’s on whether you’re in the office or a hotel and enjoy the same browsing tools you have with your TiVo at home (including the TiVo editorial Collections and show, cast and actor information)
> Use a TiVo remote control replica or our intuitive, gesture-based remote control
> Search across TV, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video & Hulu Plus – and get integrated results on what you’re looking for
> Explore cast and crew while watching a show
> And much more
Having troubles finding or connecting to your TiVo DVR? Try one or more of these steps:
* Restart your network router by unplugging it, waiting 30 seconds, and plugging it back in
* Restart your TiVo DVR by following the instructions in the TiVo menus under Settings & Messages > Help > Restart or Reset System > Restart the TiVo Box
* Go to support.tivo.com/ipad or support.tivo.com/iphone for more troubleshooting tips
What's New in Version 3.2.4
Needs some improvements!
1) Add the option to choose a smaller buffer for high-speed connections, & a larger buffer for low-speed connections. This will solve the problem of people not having enough hard-drive room to prevent their streams from freezing.
2) Add the regular fast forward & rewind buttons.
3) Allow us to browse the Recently Deleted folder, in My Shows.
4) Add the ability to see what channel all the tuners are on, which are recording, and which is being viewed on the TV.
5) Allow viewing of shows/movies/events without recording them.
6) Provide the option to resume or start from the beginning of programs, when viewing on iDevices.
7) Allow us to look at the guide in landscape mode, so we can see what is on each channel, for 2 or more hours, at a time.
8) Return support to the old versions of the app. New features may not be supported - but at least then your customers have the option of what version they use.
Please make these changes for an app worthy of 5 stars! :)
Ok but not reliable
I travel a lot and needed a way to keep up with my programs . This works about 70% of the time. It fails in 3 frustrating ways for me. The first being after downloading a show, when you go to play it back it just freezes or stops midway through playback and you can't recover. Second, when downloading show e connection breaks and does not self recover. So you select a bunch of shows to download, leave your iPad for an hour and none of those complete downloading. Lastly, sometime when you download a show that's 600meg, it just keeps going and going beyond the 600. So you have to delete, pray and start over again.
Oh and down loads are just too slow, even with the lowest quality file size
Very nice. Sometimes troubling.
This app has lots of great features all accesible from your ipad.
The most frustrating problem I have had so far, was getting the Stream function to work. Turns out, for some reason the Stream device was assigned a static i.p. address, the same one i had assigned to another device on my network. So, I changed the address of my other device and it works now.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 28, 2014
- Version: 3.2.4
- Size: 24.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TiVo, Inc
- ©2013 TiVo Inc. All rights reserved. TiVo and the TiVo logo are registered trademarks of TiVo Inc. and its subsidiaries worldwide.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.