The free TiVo App for iOS is the ultimate entertainment app serving up control, discovery and a mobile place for viewing. Watch live or recorded TV via your TiVo, find shows and schedule recordings and browse content via the guide, by genre or category, explore the cast and crew, and even see where the content is available whether it be through cable TV, Netflix, Hulu PlusTM, YouTube, Amazon Instant Video, through VOD in certain markets and more.
“What to Watch” combines real-time viewing data, recommendations and personal preferences to create a custom dashboard presenting the exact content you want most every time you sit down to watch TV. This feature allows you to categorize by content that is on TV now, starting within the next 30 minutes, or on later tonight. Categories include: Popular on TV, Sports on Now, Powered by Thuuz, Movies on TV, Kids, Favorite Channels, Viewer’s recorded TV, Shared by Friends.
TiVo Roamio Plus and TiVo Roamio Pro users can seamlessly stream live or recorded programming to their iOS devices from anywhere there is a WiFi signal. Download recordings while at home or away via WiFi or cellular to watch when you have no connection. TiVo Stream users can stream live or recorded content to iOS devices within their home network and download shows to go.
Features of the TiVo app (some features are only available to TiVo Premiere or TiVo Roamio DVR customers):
> Out-of-home & in-home streaming: watch your live or recorded shows remotely anywhere you have Wi-Fi
> Out-of-home and in-home downloading: download your content to enjoy anywhere so that low bandwidth or lack of a Wi-Fi connection never slows you down
> What to Watch Now: no matter where you are, TiVo’s second screen dashboard provides instantaneous personalized recommendations the second you pull up your TiVo app, providing you with available content options to watch now, in the next 30 minutes, or tonight.
> Remote scheduling: browse and view the programming guide, manage recordings, check your To-Do List or set a Season Pass® any time – no matter where you are
> Mobile Search & discovery: figure out what’s on whether you’re in the office or a hotel and enjoy the same browsing tools you have with your TiVo at home (including the TiVo editorial Collections and show, cast and actor information)
> Use a TiVo remote control replica or our intuitive, gesture-based remote control
> Search across TV, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video & Hulu Plus – and get integrated results on what you’re looking for
> Explore cast and crew while watching a show
> And much more
Having troubles finding or connecting to your TiVo DVR? Try one or more of these steps:
* Restart your network router by unplugging it, waiting 30 seconds, and plugging it back in
* Restart your TiVo DVR by following the instructions in the TiVo menus under Settings & Messages > Help > Restart or Reset System > Restart the TiVo Box
- Introducing TiVo Experience 4 for Mobile apps
- Major improvements to series, episode, movie and person pages for improved usability and experience
- Simple and quick way to initiate playback of content from various sources
- May also like suggestions
- User setting to manage favorite channels from within the app
- Improved experience and reliability for streaming and downloading
- General bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Three months and still no update or addressing of the most critical issues. Like almost every other user, previous app version had its issues but was mostly usable. While traveling could not download more than several shows from my roamio or Bolt and most of the ‘completed’ downloads were not playable. Why can’t the Download folder be sorted and shows grouped together in a folder? Trying to watch shows in the proper order is now a time wasting effort in trying to figure out where they are in a random list of every show that is downloaded. And what if you are not on WiFi 100% of the time? All useful information is no longer available when it is not connected, and the screen is barren except for titles. And please bring back reasonable sized fonts and ability to swipe to delete a show or at least make the buttons easier to press individually and not so tightly grouped together. Very disappointed.
Latest Version Not Good
I agree with some of the latest reviews I’ve seen, this latest update was not an improvement. Just the look and feel makes the app less user friendly and not as intuitive as the previous (Colors? Font? Functionality?). One pet peeve, why not make the Download list view the same as the recorded All Shows view? The vanilla Download view is an eyesore, and doesn’t contain enough information (such as the dates on the right hand side) to compare and determine what you’ve downloaded and what you have not. It takes a lot more analysis. And the list resets each time you go back to it, so you must scroll to the bottom for the latest downloads each time. The All Shows list is sorted the opposite, with latest recordings listed first. I agree, bring back the old interface please.
Needs some improvements!
1) Add the option to choose a smaller buffer for high-speed connections, & a larger buffer for low-speed connections. This will solve the problem of people not having enough hard-drive room/RAM to prevent their streams from freezing.
2) Add the regular fast forward & rewind buttons. I will stop & watch commercials if they look interesting, this way. Skipping forward by 30 seconds almost guarantees I won't watch them.
3) Go back to the hash marks on the guide being every 50 channels.
4) Add the ability to see what channel all the tuners are on, which are recording, and which is being viewed on the TV.
5) Allow viewing of shows/movies/events without recording them.
6) Provide the option to resume or start from the beginning of programs, when viewing on iDevices.
7) Add the "new" icon back for relevant shows in the hourly listing of the guide, so we don't have to select each show, individually.
8) Fix AirPlay streaming! Right now, selecting AirPlay usually just streams the audio. Screen mirroring needs to be used to reliably stream the video, and this places more stress on the device RAM.
Please make these changes for an app worthy of 5 stars! :)
Update - An update with no fixes equals one less star.
- TiVo, Inc
- 172 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2013 TiVo Inc. All rights reserved. TiVo and the TiVo logo are registered trademarks of TiVo Inc. and its subsidiaries worldwide.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.