By TiVo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The free TiVo App for iOS is the ultimate entertainment app serving up control, discovery and a mobile place for viewing. Watch live or recorded TV via your TiVo, find shows and schedule recordings and browse content via the guide, by genre or category, explore the cast and crew, and even see where the content is available whether it be through cable TV, Netflix, Hulu PlusTM, YouTube, Amazon Instant Video, through VOD in certain markets and more.
“What to Watch Now” combines real-time viewing data, recommendations and personal preferences to create a custom dashboard presenting the exact content you want most every time you sit down to watch TV. This feature allows you to categorize by content that is on TV now, starting within the next 30 minutes, or on later tonight. The TiVo app also allows you to watch content from your favorite Social Media feeds like Facebook and YouTube from the “What to Watch Now” screen. Categories include: Popular on TV, Sports on Now, Powered by Thuuz, Movies on TV, Kids, Favorite Channels, Viewer’s recorded TV, Shared by Friends, Popular on YouTube, and My YouTube Channels.
TiVo Roamio Plus and TiVo Roamio Pro users can seamlessly stream live or recorded programming to their iOS devices from anywhere there is a WiFi signal. Download recordings while at home or away via WiFi or cellular to watch when you have no connection. TiVo Stream users can stream live or recorded content to iOS devices within their home network and download shows to go.
Features of the TiVo app (some features are only available to TiVo Premiere or TiVo Roamio DVR customers):
> Out-of-home & in-home streaming: watch your live or recorded shows remotely anywhere you have Wi-Fi
> Out-of-home and in-home downloading: download your content to enjoy anywhere so that low bandwidth or lack of a Wi-Fi connection never slows you down
> What to Watch Now: no matter where you are, TiVo’s second screen dashboard provides instantaneous personalized recommendations the second you pull up your TiVo app, providing you with available content options to watch now, in the next 30 minutes, or tonight.
> Remote scheduling: browse and view the programming guide, manage recordings, check your To-Do List or set a Season Pass® any time – no matter where you are
> Mobile Search & discovery: figure out what’s on whether you’re in the office or a hotel and enjoy the same browsing tools you have with your TiVo at home (including the TiVo editorial Collections and show, cast and actor information)
> Use a TiVo remote control replica or our intuitive, gesture-based remote control
> Search across TV, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video & Hulu Plus – and get integrated results on what you’re looking for
> Explore cast and crew while watching a show
> And much more
Having troubles finding or connecting to your TiVo DVR? Try one or more of these steps:
* Restart your network router by unplugging it, waiting 30 seconds, and plugging it back in
* Restart your TiVo DVR by following the instructions in the TiVo menus under Settings & Messages > Help > Restart or Reset System > Restart the TiVo Box
What's New in Version 3.5.3
Many bugs since last update...
Update 6/12 - The app has gotten worse. I can't watch for more than 5 minutes before the video freezes. The audio is still going, but no video. So then I have to force close and restart. You need an update and you need it now.
Ever since the last update, anytime you pause the show and your iPad "falls asleep", the counter starts and ends at 0:00, until you force close the app. The closed captioning will get jumbled up and stop working after working fine for the first 30 minutes of a show. Once it stops working though, it doesn't work again for that episode. Even with force shutting the app. Generally love the app... But an update is needed :)
Needs some improvements!
1) Add the option to choose a smaller buffer for high-speed connections, & a larger buffer for low-speed connections. This will solve the problem of people not having enough hard-drive room to prevent their streams from freezing.
2) Add the regular fast forward & rewind buttons.
3) Allow us to browse the Recently Deleted folder, in My Shows.
4) Add the ability to see what channel all the tuners are on, which are recording, and which is being viewed on the TV.
5) Allow viewing of shows/movies/events without recording them.
6) Provide the option to resume or start from the beginning of programs, when viewing on iDevices.
7) Add the "new" icon back for relevant shows in the hourly listing of the guide, so we don't have to select each show, individually.
Please make these changes for an app worthy of 5 stars! :)
Frequent download corruptions
Too many bugs: sometimes unable to play downloaded shows, even if I restart the app. Sometimes restarting iPad helps.
New feature to download from copy protected channels is great but the app often thinks it is not at home until I kill it and restart it.
Annoying: having to change the quality of download. Why can't i remember what I chose the last time.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: May 22, 2015
- Version: 3.5.3
- Size: 17.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TiVo, Inc
- ©2013 TiVo Inc. All rights reserved. TiVo and the TiVo logo are registered trademarks of TiVo Inc. and its subsidiaries worldwide.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.