The AS/400 - also called the "IBM iSeries," is a midrange server from IBM, designed for the business world. TN5250 is a terminal emulator which provides access to an AS/400.
Wants to receive print jobs from an AS/400, try Mocha TN3812 for iPhone/iPad.
Before buying please try TN5250 Lite
- Supports all standard 5250 emulation features.
- Alternate screen size (24x80 or 27x132).
- SSL/TLS (Secure Socket Layer).
- Zoom and scroll as the Safari browser
- Auto login.
- Voice input.
- Hardware barcode scanners from SocketMobile and Linea.
- Support for Zebra LI3678 barcode scanner.
- Camera as barcode scanner.
- Support for 10 different EBCDIC code pages.
- Colors can be customized.
- Device name support.
- Better layout for devices without a home button.
- Host print key added to the key banner.
- Hold down the space bar to move the cursor anywhere on the 5250 screen.
Ratings and Reviews
Been using for years. Great for quick admin work when away from laptop. Needs a little work on new iPhones with notch.
This app is well worth the Money!!!
They did a great job and it works as expected
Works ver well
This app works very well. You pretty much have to pay the $30 bucks for the full version. The lite version has very limited keyboard use and will drive you nuts with keyboard switching. Even with the full version, using the onscreen keyboard will drive you nuts in landscape mode. Use portrait and you get all the keys on the screen at the same time, then if you want to see 132 characters in a report, turn it to landscape. For fun, I tried a Logitech MX 5000 Bluetooth keyboard with it, and that makes the app almost as good as a regular pc access to the AS400, except I could not get the function keys on the physical keyboard to work. So I used the onscreen fx key board and the fx hotspots in landscape mode along with the physical keyboard, and that is workable. For the most part, use this app in the portrait mode with the onscreen keyboard when you need something to carry around the office. In your own office, use your pc terminal.
Ideas for improvement. Let the user define keys as you can via a pc connection on Client Access, or give the user more buttons on the screen that can be defined by the user.
Overall, an excellent app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.